2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2nd Gen Ram Picture thread!!! Pic whore's unite.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 09:58 PM
h3lzsn1p3r
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snowboundrmk
I thought about it but I want a ford 60 and a gm 14 bolt.
are you going to 4 link rear 3 link front? no point fabing up stock brackets if your going that beef on the axles

Old 04-01-2013, 10:32 PM
dman12323
Veteran

Pretty new here but ill post a few pics of my lil big short bed. 3inch lift kit with 32.5 inch tires stock and now photos. Flex photo in sig. Be back with some more pics once I rip off the old bug shield,put the 5inch lift on,and take some chrome off. (Dont know what the hole in the door is from,bought it like that.haha)

*Stock with new 285 Falkens

*Time for 3inch lift install

*How it sits today

Old 04-02-2013, 01:55 AM
ledman
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jigabop
nonsense! white does just as good as any other color

mine is filthy right now hehehe. nothin a rag and some windex can't fix

Wow that looks great! Whay kind/type of paint did you use? I just may have to spruce up the engine bay now!

Old 04-02-2013, 02:00 AM
ledman
Rookie

CENTER STAGE: My 2nd gen 1997 Dodge Ram 5.9L 1500 4x2 in the middle, to your left is an 3rd Gen 2006 Dodge Ram cummins diesel 4x4 heavy duty, and on the right is a 4th Gen 2012 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L Hemi, and obviously, we all work and drive Big rigs at FedEx Freight! Truck drivers have to have a truck when they ain't working!

I wish my buddy was a work today so we could have tossed in his 69 Dart into the picture!

Name:  IMG_20130401_175150.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  40.2 KB

Old 04-03-2013, 12:46 AM
snowboundrmk
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by h3lzsn1p3r
are you going to 4 link rear 3 link front? no point fabing up stock brackets if your going that beef on the axles
3 link front with mid/long arms with leafs in the back. All heim joints up front and push the axle forward a couple inches to fit big tires on little lift

Also, nice truck dman regular cab short boxes rock and do great off road!

Old 04-03-2013, 12:52 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by snowboundrmk
3 link front with mid/long arms with leafs in the back. All heim joints up front and push the axle forward a couple inches to fit big tires on little lift

Also, nice truck dman regular cab short boxes rock and do great off road!
Sweet! Hurry up b/c that is my plan dawg!! Very few documented 3 link front Rams. I was following this one until the guy pulled the plug.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/dodge...rig-build.html

I'll be using Duroflex joints and will be long arms fosho. The key will be the truss and packaging the top link for maximum separation.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:04 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by ledman
Wow that looks great! Whay kind/type of paint did you use? I just may have to spruce up the engine bay now!

It's all powder coated.

here is a couple before pics:

Name:  0826001738_zps6d98f1eb.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  40.9 KB

when I did the twin install, I had to get my twin plumbing painted anyway so it wouldn't rust, so I figured, while I'm at it and I have the valve cover apart and such doing the head studs...might as well have it all done at once to match.

so I found a local shop that had very reasonable prices on powder coating, and a great turn around time, so I had them do the work.

They took the turbo elbow, valve cover, tstat housing and alt bracket and acid dipped them. then sand blasted as needed, and powder coated everything...just under 24hr turn around time drop em off and pick em up the next day.

rest of the parts before:

Name:  0826001737_zpsdb0094bf.jpg
Views: 354
Size:  66.8 KB

and after:
Name:  0909001621_zps5718832d.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  76.6 KB

installed:

cost me a couple hundred bucks to have it all done, but it was worth it..

might cost you about the same to have your valve covers and anything else done...you just have to price around...price includes all work though..thats stripping paint and dirt off, and powder coating.

now you can always DIY rattle can it too...powder coat is just a bit stronger than paint and more resistant to scratches/damage.

plus DIY means YOU have to deal with removing the old paint and dirt

Old 04-03-2013, 02:43 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigabop
It's all powder coated.

here is a couple before pics:

when I did the twin install, I had to get my twin plumbing painted anyway so it wouldn't rust, so I figured, while I'm at it and I have the valve cover apart and such doing the head studs...might as well have it all done at once to match.

so I found a local shop that had very reasonable prices on powder coating, and a great turn around time, so I had them do the work.

They took the turbo elbow, valve cover, tstat housing and alt bracket and acid dipped them. then sand blasted as needed, and powder coated everything...just under 24hr turn around time drop em off and pick em up the next day.

rest of the parts before:

and after:

installed:

cost me a couple hundred bucks to have it all done, but it was worth it..

might cost you about the same to have your valve covers and anything else done...you just have to price around...price includes all work though..thats stripping paint and dirt off, and powder coating.

now you can always DIY rattle can it too...powder coat is just a bit stronger than paint and more resistant to scratches/damage.

plus DIY means YOU have to deal with removing the old paint and dirt
I thought your twin turbo'd monstrosity with those sticky mud tires would go anywhere!

Old 04-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Jigabop
Champion

through the trees and over logs, down narrow trails...erm no...

I've taken the bike off the trails and through the woods before...trees to go between and such...and ditches/ruts that the truck would high center in easily, bike takes them no problem...sometimes I just jump them with the bike lol. trucks not much of a jumper lol...

Old 04-06-2013, 08:19 PM
Blue Mopar01
All Star

Heres my bumper all painted, there's just a few touch up places where the tape took off some plasti dip.

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen Ram Picture thread!!! Pic whore's unite.