2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Scantools, OBD II Readers, and Programmers Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 12:44 AM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya this is what I have,, I has pulled all the abs code I have tryedit on

http://www.amazon.com/OTC-9450-OBDII.../dp/B004OOJ9RI

Old 01-17-2013, 04:07 AM
jmbishop
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the torque app for Android, all you need its a Bluetooth capable Android device, the torque apps and a $12 elm 327 adaptor from Ebay. With mine I am able to scan codes, reset codes, view real time data, log data, track recorder, and much more.

Posted from Dodgeforum.com App for Android

Old 01-17-2013, 10:25 AM
jmbishop
Professional

http://torque-bhp.com/

Old 01-17-2013, 11:44 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

That got me looking... there's a couple of iPhone apps out there also (OBDII search on iTunes).
Some free, but need they still need a Bluetooth interface (compatible hardware listed on the developers webpage)... the combined prices seem to vary greatly depending on what combinations and additional features you get.
But all in all, they seem like a reasonable cost option compared to pro shop tools.

Has anyone used any of these smart phone apps?

Old 01-18-2013, 03:08 PM
jmbishop
Professional

Superchips also makes a android tuning app that is free, unfortunately it only works with their dongle which costs around $300, I'd have already bought one if I knew I could write my own tunes for it. The torque app does everything I want it to do accept tuning.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:54 PM
jmbishop
Professional

Originally Posted by Spillage
That got me looking... there's a couple of iPhone apps out there also (OBDII search on iTunes).
Some free, but need they still need a Bluetooth interface (compatible hardware listed on the developers webpage)... the combined prices seem to vary greatly depending on what combinations and additional features you get.
But all in all, they seem like a reasonable cost option compared to pro shop tools.

Has anyone used any of these smart phone apps?
If the dongle and app cost over $100 than you might as well buy a bluetooth capable android tablet and the elm327 adaptor for less money, i also doubt the iphone apps have as many features as the torque app.

Here is a video of the torque track recorder which is also great for logging data.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:45 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker

http://www.lemurmonitors.com/BlueDriver.html
Seem pretty capable, but $100 for the adapter, and +$50 on the free software to unlock all features and get free upgrades.

Torque certainly seems the most capable that uses the low cost ELM327.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:49 AM
jmbishop
Professional

The lemur stuff is limited compared to the torque app according to the feature list on the lemur website.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-1-Android...item43b7d3b453
I've been reading reviews on this tablet, I've found more good than bad but just not enough reviews for me to buy one, I don't feel like waiting a month to find out if I dumped my money down the drain. Before Christmas I couldn't find any listed under $100.

The phone I use now with the torque app is a LG Optimous M+ and it works flawlessly. It's $130 without a contract through metro pcs so the setup I use cost me about $144 after buying the adapter and paying a extra $2 for the paid version of the torque app.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker

That's why I asked the question... rather than read a bazillion reviews over several sites (which may be more biased), I was hoping for commentary from folks with first-hand experience actually using them in the same application as I.

Old 01-19-2013, 08:12 PM
mibzzer15
Professional

I actually just bought this adapter for use with my Galaxy Note 2 phone and the Torque app.
Amazon Amazon

I also use this for diagnostics and codes at work. For 25$, and a $5 app, this thing is amazing. Its also great when a vehicle has engine codes and instead of having to write them down, I can just save them to a log and pull them up later.

Quick Reply: The Scantools, OBD II Readers, and Programmers Thread