2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

rocker panels and bed liner

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 04:48 PM
CSDavies26
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Motorizer
alright well thanks for the tips. If any body has any more tips and tricks i'm all ears
I used this stuff called raptor liner that i got from a local auto body shop. comes in a kit with four bottles of the stuff and the hardener that you mix yourself. I bought the spray gun, hooked it up to my air compressor and shot it on with the doors closed (after the cleaning and scuffing it up with some sandpaper). i then opened the doors and shot from an angle so i wouldnt get it in my interior or on the door panels. I also did my front bumper, around all the chrome as well as the front grill.

I'm also guilty of not updating my sig pic (sorry HeyYou), reason being that the weather in pittsburgh from Dec.-Feb. is absolute TRASH

Old 01-31-2013, 05:50 PM
oxymoron29
Veteran
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should do the jambs as well, otherwise it'll look like **** with all the overspray.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:15 PM
GTXtreme19
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking of doing this to my truck too, the doors were done but rust still made it through or was there previously. I'm thinking of using the duplicolor bed armor, seems to be good stuff and has some pretty good reviews and is roll on! If you paint your door shut just go all "Dukes of Hazard" and dive through a window

Old 01-31-2013, 10:24 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used Raptor Liner and have used Duplicolor in hte past. I like the Raptor much better. More durable and has a high adhesive coefficient. Good stuff.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:28 PM
GTXtreme19
Rookie

Ill take a peek at the local parts stores and see of I can't find any, thanks!

Old 02-01-2013, 12:53 AM
CSDavies26
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gdstock
I used Raptor Liner and have used Duplicolor in hte past. I like the Raptor much better. More durable and has a high adhesive coefficient. Good stuff.
And i got the UV protected stuff so noooo fading! i really need to get some pics up...

Old 02-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Blue Mopar01
All Star

I used the Duplicolor roll-on and I'm happy with it, just wish I'd sanded down better in that dip below the black strip on the body. I also did around my door jam so everything looked the same. Have a pic of it in my sig.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:19 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Mopar01
I used the Duplicolor roll-on and I'm happy with it, just wish I'd sanded down better in that dip below the black strip on the body. I also did around my door jam so everything looked the same. Have a pic of it in my sig.

I scrubbed the heck out of it with Scotchbrite. Sand it until you think you have done enough, then do it again Even the best liner will perform oorly if the prep is not good.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Blue Mopar01
All Star

Everything got cleaned over and over with really hot water and dawn soap to cut off grease. Then I sanded everything down with 60 or 80 grit?( can't remember) and bigger rust areas got a wire wheel to them for the major rust and then still got sanded down. The upper part where the "dish" is at only recieved sand paper since I'd hit more area than I would want with the wheel. This summer I'm going and redoing that part, along w/ my buddy's dodge he bought.

Quick Reply: rocker panels and bed liner