2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Before/After Pictures with 2.5" Leveling Kit And All New Wheels and Tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 10:53 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mopar_guy95
not sure. he said weights but i dont think there is any thing on the outside of my rim and i dont know if they can be put on the inside of the wheel or not.. and ive had the truck for bout 3 years and have never had it alighned myself but yet again i idnt have this with the old tires
When I got my new tires put on (at WalMart ) He asked about how I wanted the weights, can't seem to remember just how the conversation went but he couldn't put them on just the inside, so I've got a weight on the inside and outside.

If you didn't experience this with old tires I'd bet the balance is off or you have a tire out of round.

Either rotate the front to the rear or have them re-balanced and see what you get.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:02 PM
mopar_guy95
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks man..the only problem with rotating them is eventually im gonna wanna rotate again and then i will be in the same boat..guess i should try re-balancing first?

Old 03-03-2013, 11:27 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Probably wouldn't hurt

Old 03-04-2013, 08:59 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

Take it back to where you had the tires put on, have them take it for a drive, and see exactly what you are experiencing. See what they suggest.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:17 AM
ChillyPhil
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dlyter09
Truck looks good man.. Im glad you ditched the wheel spacers.. When my truck is finished I may have to take a trip up there and show you how to swamp a truck lol
Haha thanks man and yeah i know. But they actually didn't cause me any problems when i had them on. I went muddin alittle bit over the weekend but not too bad. My front end was covered and it took 7 bucks to wash it off.
I have 95 Ram 1500 and yesterday had new 33x12.5 MT baja mtz's put on..Was running wore down 32x11.5...is it normal to feel a lil loss of power and a lil vibration from front end?
Mine vibrates alittle bit when I'm on the interstate but when i let go of the steering wheel, it still goes straight. I'd just imagine since they are big mud tires, there will be alittle vibration.
not sure. he said weights but i dont think there is any thing on the outside of my rim and i dont know if they can be put on the inside of the wheel or not.. and ive had the truck for bout 3 years and have never had it alighned myself but yet again i didnt have this with the old tires
He put my weights on in the inside of the wheels. But i don't even know if they balanced them or not cause he never said he did. Unless when he changed the weights to the inside of the wheel that counted as balancing?

Old 03-04-2013, 06:45 PM
LegendKiller89
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice looking ram you got there. Nice choice on tires and wheels man.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:21 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ChillyPhil
Haha thanks man and yeah i know. But they actually didn't cause me any problems when i had them on. I went muddin alittle bit over the weekend but not too bad. My front end was covered and it took 7 bucks to wash it off.

Mine vibrates alittle bit when I'm on the interstate but when i let go of the steering wheel, it still goes straight. I'd just imagine since they are big mud tires, there will be alittle vibration.

He put my weights on in the inside of the wheels. But i don't even know if they balanced them or not cause he never said he did. Unless when he changed the weights to the inside of the wheel that counted as balancing?
A good balance job will usually have weights onthe inside and outside- not just one side.

Quick Reply: Before/After Pictures with 2.5" Leveling Kit And All New Wheels and Tires