2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

So Long, and...Wait -- Another 2nd Gen?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 09:34 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default So Long, and...Wait -- Another 2nd Gen?

It's been a fun and educational ride these past few years. Those who know (or even care) witnessed the many trials and tribulations of my Second Gen ownership. I endured a complete engine overhaul; the infamous 10,000 mile North American tour; thousands of pounds of scrap hauled; the transmission rebuild; and a myriad of other adventures all annoyingly accompanied by a leaky head gasket!

After a great deal of thought and consideration, I have decided to rebuild the engine and sell the Dodge. The next step in my journey will be ownership of a diesel Ram.

Remember, folks -- life is a journey and not a destination. As this one has ended for me, a new one has presented itself. It has been a memorable one that I've enjoy sharing with you all.

Last edited by Gary-L; 03-28-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:12 AM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Well, if your getting another ram, wont you still be popping in every now and then? Or are you just going to say fvck all of us?

Old 03-25-2013, 10:28 AM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

don't believe him... I haven't owned a Ram in about four months, and I still keep coming back around here..

Vdub- you're gonna be lovin on that diesel.. Once you get it right, it will last you a good while without complaint.. the only thing I don't like about mine is the effort it takes to maintain it.. oil changes are crucial.. you'll be hugely served doing a Blackstone Oil analysis every other oil change.. fuel filters every other oil change.. about three times the volume of oil per change.. cost of fuel- but, then again, you'll be seeing a lot better mileage..

the stupid cool thing is, though, I now run a rig w/ closing on 600HP at the wheels, and over 1200 twistie-powers, and nearing 20MPG's unloaded in a reliable daily driver.. and it burns clean, to boot..

Old 03-25-2013, 10:54 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
It's been a fun and educational ride these past few years. Those who know (or even care) witnessed the many trials and tribulations of my Second Gen ownership. I endured a complete engine overhaul; the infamous 10,000 mile North American tour; thousands of pounds of scrap hauled; the transmission rebuild; and a myriad of other adventures all annoyingly accompanied by a leaky head gasket!

After a great deal of thought and consideration, I have decided it will be more economical to part out my truck rather than rebuild the engine and sell it. The next step in my journey will be ownership of a diesel Ram.

For those who will be interested, I will start a thread in the appropriate Classifieds forum and will have loads of pictures in my Photobucket account. I will also hawk my wares on e-Bay, so for those of you interested be sure to save VWandDodge as one of your favorite e-Bay sellers.

Remember, folks -- life is a journey and not a destination. As this one has ended for me, a new one has presented itself. It has been a memorable one that I've enjoy sharing with you all.
I like the reference to The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy in the thread title

Oh, don't forget a towel!

Originally Posted by drewactual
don't believe him... I haven't owned a Ram in about four months, and I still keep coming back around here..

Vdub- you're gonna be lovin on that diesel.. Once you get it right, it will last you a good while without complaint.. the only thing I don't like about mine is the effort it takes to maintain it.. oil changes are crucial.. you'll be hugely served doing a Blackstone Oil analysis every other oil change.. fuel filters every other oil change.. about three times the volume of oil per change.. cost of fuel- but, then again, you'll be seeing a lot better mileage..

the stupid cool thing is, though, I now run a rig w/ closing on 600HP at the wheels, and over 1200 twistie-powers, and nearing 20MPG's unloaded in a reliable daily driver.. and it burns clean, to boot..
Good ole' Ford Diesel for ya!

Last edited by stewie01; 03-25-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:54 AM
gdstock
Legend

D@mn oil burners.......

Old 03-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Vdub will take better care of that next ride...I'm sure!

See ya in a few!

Old 03-25-2013, 11:49 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, as I said in the Backup Truck thread, I was very impressed with the performance of the diesel I got to drive on my recent trip to Wisconsin from Oklahoma. I'll probably "shoot the works" and look for a 4x4. I'll not be getting anything newer than 5 years old, but I do know that there are some babied trucks out there with under 100k miles on them.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:15 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Please dont be a stranger. Your knowledge, banter and sense of humor are both refreshing and somehow, comforting....it's like your saying what I'm thinking most of the time.....I drive Cheby's, I did not leave and I aint going anywhere anytime soon...Owning a Dodge is not a pre-req to membership....you just need a love of all things with wheels (or without).

Last edited by jkeaton; 03-25-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:32 PM
woods4life
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this is depressing lol

Old 03-25-2013, 12:40 PM
drewactual
Champion

just think of all the extra hookers and blow he will be able to haul, now...

vdubs kingdom is expanding..

dig it..

Quick Reply: So Long, and...Wait -- Another 2nd Gen?