2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Rock Solid Ram Steering Anyone else have problem getting their part shipped

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 04:53 PM
tresvatos
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Solid Ram Steering Anyone else have problem getting their part shipped

I am curious to know if anyone here has had a problem with Rock Solid ram shipping their part out.

I ordered the part and sent payment the 4th of June and received two emails in reply asking what my transmission was, and what my address was, all of which were on the original order.
heir
Its is June 24 now and still nothing. I read on their site to allow two weeks for shipping, but almost a whole month seems odd.

The main reason I ordered the part is because of the reviews I found on this forum, but their customer service seems lacking.

Anyone else have to wait forever on a bushing from them.?

Old 06-24-2013, 04:58 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Mine came within a couple weeks. No problem with them or their bushing.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:40 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had mine in about 10 days. I think it is a one man operation. Is there a phone number? Wonder if he is on vacation....

Old 06-25-2013, 04:26 AM
PrestonEidsmoe
Professional

When you get it, let us know how it does for you please. I read a bunch of the reviews and it looks like something I would like to do. I have a wobble around 70-80 like the "Death Wobble" videos on the net. If I hit a pot hole, I get them too. Other than that, it is sound. I have not done any checks because I have another problem I am in the middle of addressing first (vacuum lines) that is not related.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:09 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Your problem is track bar related. The RSRS upgrading takes the play out of the steering shaft so it doesn't go clunk all the time. I for one need one.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:01 PM
tresvatos
Professional

Still have not got my part. It definitely is a one man operation though. My concern is I need to borrow my cousin's shop and let him know a date, so I have been emailing & calling trying to see when the part would be shipped out, and it's continuos " i misplaced your order form", " what was your adress again", "it'l be shipped tomorrow", " wait..what transmission do you have again" a week later....you get the picture... I will let everyone here know when/if I get it, and maybe suggest to Rick Solid Steering to get some help.

Last edited by tresvatos; 06-25-2013 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 06-25-2013, 02:02 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

If I lived a tad closer I'd drive down there for ya. His operation is only 1.5 hours from me.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:38 PM
tresvatos
Professional
Default hmmmmmmmm

Well Dang....................thanks for the thought!

Old 06-26-2013, 10:11 PM
RamSteeringFix Guy
Thumbs up Hi Greg....your order has shipped & explanation.....

Originally Posted by tresvatos
I am curious to know if anyone here has had a problem with Rock Solid ram shipping their part out.

I ordered the part and sent payment the 4th of June and received two emails in reply asking what my transmission was, and what my address was, all of which were on the original order.
heir
Its is June 24 now and still nothing. I read on their site to allow two weeks for shipping, but almost a whole month seems odd.

The main reason I ordered the part is because of the reviews I found on this forum, but their customer service seems lacking.

Anyone else have to wait forever on a bushing from them.?

Hello Greg:

Your order is on the way as of yesterday Tuesday June 25, sorry for the delay !

One reason for the slow shipping is the sending a check, instead of using our secure store to place your order. It always adds a week or so to the processing time.

(No problem with that, of course, doing it 'old school', as you did....)

The other reason for the delay was that your check & order form didn't contain either:

1) The transmission type - auto or manual (I searched every word carefully, I assure you...)

2) Your phone # wasn't on your handwritten order form or your check....(therefore, no way to call & verify trans type)

So, your order sat in our "Pause" file.... and i hoped you'd email, which you did in a week or so.

Now I failed to print that email (I sure meant to....) and then both your check & handwritten order form were mislaid.

(My fault.....)

Ergo, the delay, so I did check back with you to verify all this and have already shipped the order.

I know you sent the check.

If I don't find it at some point - then there is no charge & your order was free.

Again, sorry for the delay.

Hoping you have a great install - don't hesitate to call if you need install help !

David Alan / RamSteeringFix Guy

PS: Lesson web orders are easier as there isn't any way for them to be mislaid !

Old 06-26-2013, 10:13 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

^Hey Ramsteeringfixguy! How much would it be to ship one up north to Tyler?

Quick Reply: Rock Solid Ram Steering Anyone else have problem getting their part shipped