2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New ECU Project

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 06:56 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hahns5.2
It's called Megasquirt and the wiring isn't that hard.

I have no idea on how you plan to have sequential injections without a cam sensor. Nor can EDIS be used without a 36-1 crank wheel.
Wiring is not that hard, but many people don't want to do that, they just want something plug-n-play. And yes the MS was one of my options, however, I have been working on my own controller, from scratch.

Originally Posted by HeyYou
according to theory, megasquirt actually made a trans controller.... but, it was pretty much DIY as to making it work... Old info, don't know if it has been improved, or simply dropped.

There are controllers available for the 47RE..... Don't see why it wouldn't work for the 46, all the electronics are the same part numbers....
47RE uses different electrical plugs, IIRC, but not entirely sure on that. I have some info on the 46RE, and working on figuring out some more, and I have been working on a very simple controller, just to get started.

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Interesting project, and as a programmer I am curious to know what language the ECM uses.
MegaSquirt uses C IIRC, for my own personally designed controller, it runs a micro-Linux, so whatever floats your boat will do.

At any rate, sorry for taking long to reply, I have been very busy and had to put this on the back burner for awhile.

Later I'll tell about something else along these lines I've been thinking about.

Quick Reply: New ECU Project