2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Project : Total ReHaul !

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 12:05 AM
odzmaker
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project : Total ReHaul !

Beging 8-1-13

I'm allowing my self $100 per week to totally overhaul my truck. depending on fuel needs i may only have $50 to spend , or maybe the whole $100 on parts and or tools (including the $600 sewing machine i want )
Starting with front suspension rebuild,cause drive-ability is truly the most important thing.

Then Stereo system build , including installation , wiring, Custom enclosures , door pods and some other top secret stuff.

After that
Entire Interior makeover including, re upholstery , all sewn and installed by myself .
and after that we tackle the bodywork !

I'll try my best to post many pix and possibly some vids as work progresses.

Stay tuned

Old 07-15-2013, 12:11 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try this instead: designate an envelope and put money in it regardless of your fuel needs. lol Then you'll have a ton of cash to spend on it!

Done your plenum yet?

Old 07-15-2013, 07:54 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

You do upholstery repair? Where ya at?

Look forward to seeing your progress. dodge dude is correct though, before making 'improvements', fix the broke stuff. Plenum is pretty much standard fare on these trucks.

Old 07-15-2013, 01:41 PM
odzmaker
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll have to investigate the plenum thing further to determine if it's been done already or not .

as for the upholstery, I don't really "Repair" per se , it's just a matter of removing the factory coverings , splitting all the seams and making paterns from them , and sewing everything back together with new fabric .

I like to tinker , and I (as a general rule) refuse to pay someone else for any thing I'm capable of doing my self

Quick Reply: Project : Total ReHaul !