2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 07:41 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Speakers

My driver door speaker went out sometime recently and I didn't notice it until it came back to life one day (too much bass from the sub woofer made me not notice it).
I ended up getting a set of Alpine spe-6090 6x9 speakers for my birthday to replace them and I have to say that they have really good sound. I wanted a set of kickers but they were too deep for my doors, so I fell back on Alpine to match my head unit.
After installing them I realized that my back speakers are junk.
My fiancee also told me that she got me too loud of a speaker because those things aren't shy in the distortion-free decibel department.

I need to get some new door clips for my passenger door because I had some modified ford clips in that door panel from that time when I changed the window motor, the ribs on them didn't survive being removed. I was going to get some from clipsandfasteners.com but when I went to check out I saw that they only use UPS and not USPS so the shipping for that $10 pack of clips is $18 and that is crazy.

I'm thinking about throwing a set of Sony speakers in the back doors since I already have them but I'm torn between using what I have and getting speakers that will match the rest of the system. One thing I've always heard from Sony speakers is that they are treble monsters, lots of noise with no bass.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:07 AM
Ham Bone
Champion

Alpine FTW I have matching speakers and head unit but no amp or sub..... Yet

Get the Alpines

Old 08-06-2013, 08:14 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,383 Likes on 3,123 Posts

Go to your local neighborhood body shop, and get the clips from them.

Old 08-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Id get alpines for the back, never been impressed with sony speakers. Managed to blow every one of them ive owned I got replacement clips at napa, werent to expensive.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:31 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

I got the clips from advance, I was surprised that they had some that would work.
I figured that I would stop by there since it was right across the street from the audio shop that I was at and the body shop that I've gotten some from before was all the way across town. That body shop only charged a few bucks for all he had and it was enough for a couple doors but that was for my dads truck and those have been used already.
One of the local body shops charges something like $3 each because they price their stuff for when they stick it to the insurance companies do I didn't go there.

Old 08-08-2013, 03:47 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
I got the clips from advance, I was surprised that they had some that would work.
I figured that I would stop by there since it was right across the street from the audio shop that I was at and the body shop that I've gotten some from before was all the way across town. That body shop only charged a few bucks for all he had and it was enough for a couple doors but that was for my dads truck and those have been used already.
One of the local body shops charges something like $3 each because they price their stuff for when they stick it to the insurance companies do I didn't go there.
I'll get you the clips(new) in the next few days. I'll let you know.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:33 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

Cool, thanks. I have to take the back door panels off and I know those will need new clips. I believe those doors take 9 each.
Those doors require a little prayer before yanking them off, I sure wish Dodge had used better plastic on the interior for our trucks.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:41 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Make sure to use the tool so you dont ruin the panel. And btw, where I get them from locally was out of stock. Here is a place to get them though. http://www.thefastenerwarehouse.com/...76/1140196.htm

Old 08-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

I have a couple of those tools. I lost one a while back so I bought another so I could find my original.
I'm only concerned about that back door panel because of the metal clip that is melted into it, I broke one off on my dads back door and I had to put it back on with some epoxy.
Thanks for the link. I called them since they can't quote the shipping online and found out that the shipping is $5.95, I'm ok with that.
I'm not going to suggest clipsandfasteners.com to people looking for clips anymore because they only use UPS and I think everything aside from letters starts off at $18 when you use UPS.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:54 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

search of ebay for "dodge ram door panel clip".

watch out that the dirt cheap ones ship from China, and it takes 2-3 weeks to get them. the USA sellers cost more, but you get them in about a week or less.

Quick Reply: Speakers