2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New Toy

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 03:29 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts
Default New Toy

Well it isn't a Dodge but it is going to allow me to get around better. For those that do not know I am an Iraqi veteran and was in Iraq in 2004. I was wounded in Oct 2004, I was shot in the right leg. It caused all kinds of problems for me and I now can't walk more than one or two blocks. So not to long a go an organization called the Independence Fund contacted me asking if I needed or could use a powered wheel chair called the Action Trackchair.
http://www.actiontrackchair.com/
Now people like Gary Sinise & Bill O'Reilly have donated and support this fund. So they were giving 20 chairs to veterans who needed them. This all started back in June and because of the high demand I had to wait until now to get my chair.

Me talking with the dealer who dropped it off.

Name:  Trackchair_zps8bc2164a.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  383.6 KB

Trying it out and seeing how it fits.

Name:  Trackchair3_zps19cc8d5f.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  324.1 KB

And a short video the wife took on her iPhone.

This chair is going to let me get back out there and go fishing again and hunting. Before because I couldn't walk I had just said forget it I won't hunt. But now with this chair I can go out and walk with people and won't have to feel bad about stopping every 5 minutes. I can't wait.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:38 AM
Rescue35
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love it. Being a lover of all things mechanical, that is really cool. I really like the program that saw to it you received one and I'm happy to hear you'll be back in the hunt.

I was a bit surprised at how quite it is. About how long does a charge last?

I can see this having applications that encroach on normal ATV uses. I'm off to browse there website.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:36 AM
nighthawk10mm

That is awesome, that you are getting taken care of in ways that make your life better. And from one service member to another thank you for serving when you did so I can serve now.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Rescue35
I love it. Being a lover of all things mechanical, that is really cool. I really like the program that saw to it you received one and I'm happy to hear you'll be back in the hunt.

I was a bit surprised at how quite it is. About how long does a charge last?

I can see this having applications that encroach on normal ATV uses. I'm off to browse there website.
The manual says it will go 6-7 hours depending on terrain and such. I am going to look into a solar panel that maybe I can mount on it. Push comes to shove maybe get a small generator that you could charge it with.
They have stories of people dragging their game out of the woods with their chair. I can't wait to go try.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:33 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice! Time to add off roading stickers!

Glad to see that you got such an awesome chair and thank you for your service!

Old 08-16-2013, 08:45 PM
Purple 92 SS
Rookie

First, Thank you for your service.. Second, AWESOME chair! looks great. I think it is amazing what some folks have given for this country, and having never served, i truly appreciate your sacrafices for us. I hope you enjoy that new chair for many years to come!!

Old 08-17-2013, 11:21 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow. What a cool blessing. Thank you for your sacrifice. When I get my new old YJ sorted out I would love to meet up and hit some trails with you some time, if you are interested.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:44 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes, very cool. And thanks for serving.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:31 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
Wow. What a cool blessing. Thank you for your sacrifice. When I get my new old YJ sorted out I would love to meet up and hit some trails with you some time, if you are interested.

Wombat,
You get your Wrangler going and some year I'll have my TJ done. Then we can meet up at Elbe Hills or Evans Creek and play around a little.

Old 08-18-2013, 03:51 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This should go great with your outgoing style. Q though how's that seat? Looks kinda thin for good support.