2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Power seat inquiry

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 08:31 AM
Willster
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my leather seats My fuse box does have a slot marked PWR SEATS, but there is not a fuse or breaker thing in there. Right now, the seat is hard wired into the fuse box, grounded to the seat bolt and then plugged into the fuse box on the other end with a 30 amp fuse within the wire. If I got the silver 20A fuse thing, like there is next to it for the power locks, would the seats then work without running the hard wire to the box, and/or is there somewhere else I could hook that wire up to without having to run it to the fuse box?

Old 10-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Willster
Rookie

I'll try this again; I posted Wednesday morning but haven't got any feedback yet....

Got my leather seats Question now: My fuse box does have a slot marked PWR SEATS, but there is not a fuse in there. Right now, the seat is hard wired into the fuse box, grounded to the seat bolt and then plugged into the fuse box , with a 30 amp fuse within the wire. If I plug in a silver 20A fuse thing, like there is next to it for the power locks, would the seats then work without running the hard wire to the box, and/or is there somewhere else I could hook that wire up to without having to run it to the fuse box?

Last edited by Willster; 10-04-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:03 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

If the plug was under the seat, and had the requisite number of wires, and one of them was Red with a light blue trace, then yep. Stick the circuit breaker in there, and the seats should work. Pull one of the others, stick it in there, just to test.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:14 AM
Willster
Rookie

Sweet! Thanks, HeyYou. I do have the plug under the seat coming out of the floor of the frame, I wondered if that was for the power seats; someone else told me they thought that was for the seat belt chime, but I didn't really think so. I have the 20A fuse, so I'll plug it in tonight and then hook up the plug under the seat and see if they work! Only other issue with the seats is non-mechanical, cosmetic, but the seats are tan and the rest of my interior is gray, so I have a project on my hands now to match the rest of the interior up (panels, dash, carpet etc) to the seats. I will most likely do that though, because these seats are in good shape and I was able to get them free via a straight trade, and the leather power seats are NOT cheap to buy, so I could change the rest of the interior much cheaper I figure.

Old 10-04-2013, 10:16 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

I seem to have a couple tan, leather (or some such) door panels I am not going to be using. Want 'em? PM me.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:45 PM
Willster
Rookie

Ok so, the pigtail to the wiring harness to the power seats had been cut off in the process of previous owner running the seperate wire to the fuse box, because their truck did not have the setup for power seats. So I got a pigtail to hook those wires back up, etc. BUT I ran into an issue when I went to do that tonight. The pigtail coming from the truck frame (under the seat) does not plug into the one from the seat; the one from the seat is rectangular and skinnier, and the one from the truck is more of a square but wider, so they will not hook up. Is there a piece that goes in between these two, or any ideas why I am having this issue or a fix for it?

Old 10-15-2013, 09:33 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Connectors may have changed from year to year. (been there, done that...) Best bet is to visit the yard, and pick up the correct connector for one side, or the other, and install it.

Quick Reply: Power seat inquiry