2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Tips on cheap/free things to do to get better mpg?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 10:08 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by repnatl
Please explain because im hearing several different comments on these kits. Some more promising than others. Other than that the only other thing i know of is the hughes air gap intake. But the hydrogen theory seems relevent.

It's a bunch of BS propagated by the myth, "If it's on the Internet then it must be true." If the hydrogen BS were true in any way, shape, or form, then the automakers would be equipping every since new vehicle with such devices, setups, systems, etc.

Hydrogen, as a fuel, will only work in Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicles.

The HHO, Brown Fuel, and other snake oil have all been discussed, cussed, and torn to shreds in the following threads (and that's just the 2nd Gen Forum):

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...light=hydrogen

Old 03-24-2014, 10:15 AM
ChillyPhil
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a exhaust, tune up, ect on my truck and I average 9.8mpg. I keep track through an iPhone app. Don't know why mine is so bad...

Last edited by ChillyPhil; 03-24-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:14 AM
Mygoldn
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary-L
What color is your truck?

Yes, it matters.
Mine? It's black. Why does it matter?

Old 03-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by repnatl
Please explain because im hearing several different comments on these kits. Some more promising than others. Other than that the only other thing i know of is the hughes air gap intake. But the hydrogen theory seems relevent.
What Gary-L says is true. The claims made by the electrolyzer peddling companies are in direct contradiction to the laws of physics.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:26 PM
topkin
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tune things up on scedual, once you chose an oil you like, stick to it. Keep your foot off the peddle and go the speed limit, accelerate moderatly. While driving on the freeway for long distances get behind a Semi truck and just coast behind him, they create a nice air pocket and less wind resistance for you (dont tail gate just hang behind him). I have 265/75/r16 LT All Terrains and I keep them at 45psi.

As for easy things to put money into; An aftermarket intake will allow it to inhale more efficiantly. An after market exhaust will improve it's exhale. When it's time; 8mm wires, good plugs, a good coil, and a new cap and rotor will help give you good spark ensuring more efficiant detonation.

Ultimatley its still a 6,000lbs truck but these things can help a little. Over time it often adds up unnoticed

Last edited by topkin; 03-24-2014 at 11:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Tips on cheap/free things to do to get better mpg?