2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2014 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 10:49 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was a good kid in school

Old 05-06-2014, 10:54 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by HeyYou
hardware and O/S support, and general network plumber.

I wasn't exactly what you would call a "good" kid either. I graduated.... 364th out of a class of 365. (all of my teachers uniformly complained "he doesn't work up to his potential".....) I aced the classes I liked, and maybe passed those that I didn't care for. My senior year, I had some classes at the school, and also did third shift Vo-Tech.... my counselor decided I needed another class, (which I didn't) and stuck me in accounting.... I was BORED. I carried a 98% test average, but, didn't do any of the homework, read books most of the time in class...... One day, on my way out of class, the teacher stopped me, and pointed out: "You know, if you don't do the homework, the best grade I can give you is a C....." My response? "That's cool."... WRONG ANSWER! LOL.

I don't see you as a "bum" though. You served corporate interests, and paid a price for that service. As a wounded vet, this country OWES you more than they can ever repay. So far as I am concerned, we have seriously dropped the ball on how we treat our vets.

FIFY.

For anyone who cares, the only Government that ever took care of its Veterans was the ancient Romans.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:14 PM
Rebel541
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, Gary. You served too, I'm sure you know government and military corruption better than I do because I didn't serve in the military, but why belittle Wildman with statements like that?

Old 05-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by Rebel541
Damn, Gary. You served too, I'm sure you know government and military corruption better than I do because I didn't serve in the military, but why belittle Wildman with statements like that?

I'm not belittling him in the least. I bought into that "serve your country" BS when I was 18 and have since learned what some people have said for decades -- we were pawns for business interest. I contracted cancer during my time and ended up as part of a study as to why that particular form of cancer became some prevalent. When I told the interviewer that we had been required to stand in the clearly marked radar danger zone (meaning it was a hazard) he said, "Yeah, you're not the first guy to tell us that." You wouldn't believe the crap the military used on us for inoculations; mandatory flu shots; or the anti-malaria medication people were required to take, the side effects of which included psychosis and fibromyalgia. I know someone who was medically retired for that very reason, and to this day he cannot hold a job and is instead collecting disability.

Believe it or not, it goes back to WWI: War is a Racket, By Major General Smedley Butler. WWI Veterans protested their lack of compensation and were summarily fired upon by Patton.

I guess the recent scandals involving Veteran medical care didn't get your way. Like I said, the only government I'm aware of that took care of its Veterans was the Romans, who would grant a retired soldier a nice plot of land (several acres) and a hefty pension.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:55 PM
Rebel541
Professional

I stand corrected, and I will read your referenced material as well.
I think what you shared proves HeyYou's point, that the United States owes more to our veterans then will ever be repaid, and that our veterans are not treated nearly as well as they should be.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:33 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

The US is not a lone in the way it treats it Vet's... Australia has the same issues.

So, to keep on topic; I left junior high school with passing grades (actually got 'A's for anything I was interested in) at age 15 to join the navy as an aircraft maintenance engineer... did 6yrs and got out... worked construction and grease-monkey jobs for a few yrs until I found an automotive R&D job that I had for 15yrs (9/11 saw and end to that)... I continue to do some consultancy work in the same field, but took on other stuff to fill the gaps... now I do lots of spreadsheet work behind a desk... no fun anymore.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:21 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone here know anything about stereo amps? I've got an old Pioneer SA-1050 and at times the audio will cut out on one channel, normally if I unplug the RCA connectors and plug them back in with some authority it'll clear up, but just a little while ago the audio cut out on the left channel and I got irritated and gave it a smack on the lid and the audio hasn't cut out since...

Any ideas?

Old 05-06-2014, 09:48 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been out yesterday and today scraping off paint, putting new trim on, and caulking the porch. Whoever built it was a total idiot. Did it as best as I could but without tearing down the whole porch can't do a lot. They had at least 4 thick coats of paint on some parts - heaven knows how that paint stayed on as long as it did.

Had a ladder leaned up against the house, feet were planted firm, ladder didn't wiggle. Got up on it, started tearing trim off, and BOOM before I knew it the ladder fell down. Thank God that I was wearing high-ankle work boots. I came out with just a light sprain - not a broken ankle. Needless to say I got someone out for the rest of today to hold the ladder. Been painful progress since but at least I'm all done with the trim and caulking. Tomorrow I paint and prime. Hopefully an epsom salt soak tonight and a good sleep will help it be less painful tomorrow. Could have ended up much worse...

Old 05-06-2014, 09:50 PM
tincan57
Captain

I left DE-1080 (tincan) in England in 1976, mustered out and went to school and took jobs in engineering. Working overseas got old, so I came home and retired. Never felt older. K.

Last edited by tincan57; 05-06-2014 at 10:27 PM. Reason: REMOVED SOME WORDS
Old 05-06-2014, 09:52 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^So your originally from england?

Quick Reply: The Official 2014 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread