2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2014 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 12:03 AM
tired old man
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have worked in some darn hot weather.When I worked for the roofing company it seemed like I was always in the direct sun. Sorta goes with the job I guess being on top of everything and all that. Not much shade on top of tall buildings.

I could handle the high temps but when the dew point was also high you could sweat gallons out but it did not evaporate so you did not get cool at all. We worked anyway.

There were some of the guys that would get heat stroke or heat prostration or whatever you call it because they were sweating out all the good electrolytes they had. Some ended up in ER. A few quit because they just couldn't handle it. Probably saved their lives.

When I was in high school I helped at a small foundry in the summer. Didn't make a whole lot of money but it was darn hot around there when the heat was going got hotter when we poured it.

Now that I'm older I don't do well in the heat even if its not terribly humid, not sure what changed. Around 25 years ago I decided I would not own a car that did not have air conditioning in it ever again. Then I bought my 1974 MGB. It doesn't have air, I could put it in for not to much money and the little jap air pumps don't take all that much horsepower to run but the car is 'cool' enough to mitigate the lack of air for me.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:37 AM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

Originally Posted by Johnn123
So where are the pics of your dads new truck?????
In the pics thread for anyone interested in takin a peak

Old 07-02-2014, 09:48 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by Thornloe Pride
In the pics thread for anyone interested in takin a peak
Thank you for posting the pics in the correct thread. Good job.

Old 07-02-2014, 12:20 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
man its been hot and humid the last 2 days, with it getting worse for the rest of the week. how do those of you in the south handle this humidity?!

i dont have a/c, except in the jeep. im ready for winter!!!

I don't live in the south, but I can answer that: brick houses and central A/C. lol

My uncle doesn't mind the heat but he runs the central air in his house just to dehumidify the air.

uncle lives in mississippi. I'm in the pacific north west. We don't get much humidity with the heat. usually doesn't get too hot very often either. And unlike most of the country...It ALWAYS cools off at night here...

If it was 90*+ here during the day, it will be low 60* range at night.

not like AZ where its 115 in the day and 98* at night lol

Old 07-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I grew up 90 miles west of Chicago in a house with no central air conditioning. I laugh at the people here, in Oklahoma, who talk about how "humid" it gets here.

Really? Try living someplace where it's impossible to get dry after taking a shower. In that same location, walk out from an air-conditioned spaced outdoors. It's like walking into a wall of moisture. Because my parents wouldn't have A/C in the house (2-story Southern Colonial w/ basement) we always ran fans over the summer. Some summers were unbearably muggy while others would be nice and cool. The basement stayed at 65º year round and running the dehumidifier made it a utopia.

This year has been cloudy and mostly overcast since Memorial Day Weekend, which happens every few years. Whereas we were hitting the 100º+ mark in 2011 and 2012, this year has been in the upper-80s with a few days in the 90s but not too bad. I can tell you that 80º with 40% humidity (MOL as it's been here this year) is much nicer than July and August in the Great Lakes region where 85º+ *and* 80% humidity is the norm.

On the flip side, imagine floating off the coast of Alaska, in June, navigating the Aleutian Island chain. 36º with 95% humidity doesn't make for much fun when all three layers of clothing become saturated inside of 35 minutes.

Last edited by Gary-L; 07-02-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Jigabop
Champion

SRT Hellcat hp numbers were released!

707HP!

Old 07-02-2014, 06:50 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by Jigabop

707HP!

saw that yesterday... my neighbor that has the 2011 challenger 392 srt8 with under 2400 miles on it, is thinking about either selling it, or trading it in for the new srt8 hellcat!

Old 07-02-2014, 07:31 PM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

Originally Posted by Jigabop

707HP!

Yeah I seen that. That is nuts. Highest horsepower numbers released from the factory I believe. 6.2L supercharged is that correct? That's cheating though isn't it? Lol.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:20 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is anyone here within 50 miles of Dallas? I need to know if someone can do me a solid. Shoot me a PM if willing/able.

Last edited by Gary-L; 07-02-2014 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by Thornloe Pride
Yeah I seen that. That is nuts. Highest horsepower numbers released from the factory I believe. 6.2L supercharged is that correct? That's cheating though isn't it? Lol.
yes 6.2L supercharged.

why cheating? the GT500 is also supercharged.

plenty of factory cars are either super charged or turbo'ed

that's how you make more power out of smaller motors while keeping reliability when the engine was built and designed for it.

They didn't just take a hemi and slap a supercharger on it. They redesigned the entire motor and purpose built it to be supercharged.

Quick Reply: The Official 2014 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread