2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2014 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 05:58 PM
djbucky3
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb
lol, guess that's true.
Unfortunately you have now sparked my interest.. Might have to try it, though i am unsure if i can get myself to buy coors or as my dad calls it "kool-aid"

Old 05-10-2014, 05:59 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by djbucky3
Unfortunately you have now sparked my interest.. Might have to try it, though i am unsure if i can get myself to buy coors or as my dad calls it "kool-aid"
lol.

What's your poison?

Old 05-10-2014, 06:03 PM
djbucky3
Captain

Well when im home here in fauquier county, we have a wegmans about 10 minutes away so i try my best to stick to German wheat beers. (Not quite the same as getting it from a beer garden but as close as im going to get!) If my buddies are buying i will "settle" for corona or heineken. To be honest, im not a huge beer drinker. I prefer to stick to rums or whiskey.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:03 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kool aid is a good name for the water that is coors light.

A nice cold Carling wins for me everytime

Old 05-10-2014, 06:37 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well when im home here in fauquier county, we have a wegmans about 10 minutes away so i try my best to stick to German wheat beers. (Not quite the same as getting it from a beer garden but as close as im going to get!) If my buddies are buying i will "settle" for corona or heineken. To be honest, im not a huge beer drinker. I prefer to stick to rums or whiskey.
I'm currently on a Dos Equis kick, which has nothing to do with Cinco De Mayo.

Old 05-10-2014, 07:04 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,216 Likes on 2,967 Posts

It's all just yeast **** so far as I am concerned. But, I have been known to enjoy a nice dark beer once in a while. (dortmunder, or some such.)

Old 05-10-2014, 09:27 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeyYou
It's all just yeast **** so far as I am concerned. But, I have been known to enjoy a nice dark beer once in a while. (dortmunder, or some such.)
Budweiser, or corona for me! prefer fresh from the tap... which i can get anytime, by walking 200ft across the street to my neighbors man cave. hes got a kegerator, with bud always on tap!

Old 05-10-2014, 10:41 PM
tincan57
Captain

Hey You's on the mark (throw in a good cigar). K.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:44 PM
tired old man
Veteran

There was a time when I was an Old Style man. It was what I preferred the most. Then came a time I realized that after the second or maybe the third it really didn't matter that much to me, could be pretty much any beer.

Then I got really drunk on regular full strength Budweiser and can't stand that stuff any more. I swear I could taste the beech wood in it. Put me off any beer for a long time. My younger brother likes Bud lite and I can tolerate that OK but don't crave it like he does. Of course he also likes Blue Moon but only in bottles {not real sure but it might not come in cans, haven't really looked.}

I can find six packs but have never seen a 12 pack or case of the stuff. It is price prohibitive for me to drink but sometimes I will get some for him. He seems to appreciate it while I drink cheaper stuff like Keystone or something else that was on sale. Like I said after the second or third it don't matter much what it is.

When he runs out of the Blue Moon he will usually have some of whatever stuff I bought in bulk.

My wife used to drink Pabst Blue Ribbon beer, its what her dad used to drink, but I don't think she has had a beer in close to 30 years now, says it is just a waste of money. I can almost see her point.

A few years ago I found some stuff called Wisconsin Club. I got a whole case including the bottle deposit for like $3.50. the reason it was so cheap is it is totally nasty. There are chunks of stuff {maybe hopps?} floating in it.

I had one then almost dumped the rest but saved it for a family get together and dared the others to try it. It got drank and no one died or got sick but no one really wanted more than one. I think most of it got dumped out but I wasn't watching that close.

Sometimes I will get a six pack of Sam Addams dark ale. One is usually enough in the evening. It has enough body and flavor that it is satisfying for me. I was told once that it is just regular Sam Adan's with a little molasses in it. I don't really know and guess I don't care, I like it.

Last edited by tired old man; 05-10-2014 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:32 PM
tincan57
Captain

tired old man.............funny you should mention Sam Adams dark ale (tried one and liked it, others should give it a shot just before bed- one and it put me right to sleep).

I pulled about 6 weeks once at Cooper nuclear station and they had a bar and a motel (the little bar was also a steak house, but their draft beer was killer with a frosty mug). I don't think bars do draft anymore. K.

Quick Reply: The Official 2014 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread