2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2014 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 06:43 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stewie01
Ain't that the truth.

Besides crappy programming by Dodge the auto on our trucks is the biggest killer in my opinion
Yup the programming sucks. Wish it was a fully electronic tranny too. I love the dynamic shifting on fully electronic autos.

Old 06-19-2014, 06:56 PM
Jigabop
Champion

new aisin automatic in the 4th gen cummins trucks can supposedly hold up to smarty/EFI-Live/mini-maxx tuning.

putting a programmer on a gas engine gives very little to almost no gain which is why you guys can put programmers on your trucks without completely building your transmissions. but putting a programmer on an electronically controlled diesel drastically increases the fueling and boost levels seen by the engine resulting in huge power gains which for older trucks like our generation of truck would destroy the stock automatic trans.

Those new auto's are holding up to 500+hp without any modifications to them! bout effin time you made a decent auto dodge!!!

Old 06-19-2014, 07:19 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by Jigabop
new aisin automatic in the 4th gen cummins trucks can supposedly hold up to smarty/EFI-Live/mini-maxx tuning.

putting a programmer on a gas engine gives very little to almost no gain which is why you guys can put programmers on your trucks without completely building your transmissions. but putting a programmer on an electronically controlled diesel drastically increases the fueling and boost levels seen by the engine resulting in huge power gains which for older trucks like our generation of truck would destroy the stock automatic trans.

Those new auto's are holding up to 500+hp without any modifications to them! bout effin time you made a decent auto dodge!!!
Correction: They didn't make the aisin. But it is time they got a good auto.Them aisin's are better than an Allison by far.

Around here I have been seeing the Aisins with 300K and still going strong. Only complaint I have heard is that they are noisier in the 4500/5500 trucks but IDK if that's true or not...

Old 06-19-2014, 07:42 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Cummins with 6 speed manual trans in the new trucks, the only fills did truck you can get a manual in anymore, is rated at, Idk a couple hundred LESS foot pounds/and or horespower then the cummins with the aisin trans.

I don't remember exact numbers, but the point is clear

I'm still going manual though

As far as programming, simply giving a gas engine more fuel doesn't make it any run any better or have any more power. Not the case for a diesel.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:10 PM
Thornloe Pride
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gas prices rose $.10/L today. It is now $1.50/Litre which is the highest it has ever been. When are prices going to stop rising?? If it keeps it up I'll have to sell my truck and get 2 jobs just to live. How can they expect us to live like this? Just 10 years ago it was $.70/Litre

Old 06-20-2014, 01:37 AM
tired old man
Veteran

When I got my '47 Willis Jeep it originally had a fully boxed in frame but the bottom of it had rusted so badly that it was mostly C channel.

I started out just welding steel where the holes were but in time I built a whole new frame. I looked for a different frame first and even looked for a new replacement frame but I pretty much could have bought another Jeep for what they wanted at the time.

While I had all the body tin off I did extensive repair to a lot of that too. New brake lines were installed and I rebuilt all 4 brakes mostly because I could. Everything was cleaned and most of it was painted with Rustolium New U joints were put in the front end and I painted the frame with black lacquer and thought that was a nice touch. I ended up with a nearly new '47Willis jeep.

While the body was off I redesigned the push rods for the snow plow and went all the way to the back of the frame with them.

The new frame did not flex much at all. Before all the work it was kinda like driving a slinky.

Last edited by tired old man; 06-20-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:28 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 337 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by Thornloe Pride
Gas prices rose $.10/L today. It is now $1.50/Litre which is the highest it has ever been. When are prices going to stop rising?? If it keeps it up I'll have to sell my truck and get 2 jobs just to live. How can they expect us to live like this? Just 10 years ago it was $.70/Litre
Gas prices will stop rising when we can become energy independent and stop relying on middle east oil. Uunder the current administration, that aint happening.

Old 06-20-2014, 10:26 AM
Ham Bone
Champion

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Gas prices will stop rising when we can become energy independent and stop relying on middle east oil. Uunder the current administration, that aint happening.
Cool and all but he lives in Canada

Old 06-20-2014, 10:31 AM
tired old man
Veteran

The same can be said no matter what administration we are under!

Old 06-20-2014, 10:57 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Where Does America Get Oil? You May Be Surprised

Quick Reply: The Official 2014 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread