2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Engine build specs from " professionals"

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 09:57 AM
Magnumater
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Engine build specs from " professionals"

Recently I've had a 408 stroked spec'd, designed and built that was specifically done so regular gas and no tuner would be necessary , it has been so long since I was building engines, so I trusted the company who spec'd it and sold me all the internals. I picked up the truck from a shop, who had it for 20!!! Days to to the engine swap$&@!? and the thing would hardly run, it had no power, backfires etc. After several phone calls to the engine supplier and one to Mopac saying that my configuration will never run and even a tuner was only a " bandaid" and that I now need to spend $3000 on a stand alone MSD system,,I couldn't believe that so I hunted more and I was given a tuners name, FLYINRYAN , from Florida who really knows his **** and he does, he too said that my engine would NEVER run without a tune, and he gets these kinds of calls quite frequently from frustrated customers that were told the engine that was spec'd would run fine and that if you want at a later time to get a tuner that would help you squeeze all the HP out of the engine! We'll not the case, had I been told from the start I would have built a completely different engine with 550 plus HP not a 420/450 HP, what a crock of ****... Now It's been another $1000 to get it dialled in, had to purchase a Innovate motor-sports LC-1 Wideband controller, O2 sensor and a OT-2 OBD-II WiFi data logger interface, windows on my Mac !$&@! and an SCT TUNER from Airram and all the tunes I need for the life of the engine,unless I change the engine specs. Ryan has saved my ***, it's taking a while but the alternative ............

Old 07-02-2014, 11:16 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 340 Likes on 303 Posts

So....whats your question?

Old 07-02-2014, 11:20 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Anybody on this forum could've told you this. A simple 1 minute long search would have told you this.

Jus sayin

Old 07-02-2014, 12:08 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,275 Likes on 3,022 Posts

Perhaps it is an advertisement for Flyin Ryan......

Bit of research shows the Ryan is indeed in the dodge world, reviews indicate he has a clue, and is a stand up guy, that does great work.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:36 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seems to be liked better than hemifever... hmmmmmm

Old 07-03-2014, 01:10 AM
Derick C.
Professional
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I wish I could have talked to this guy before I went with Sean

Old 07-03-2014, 06:47 AM
RDuck
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you should have done some homework first. Not after.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:45 AM
Magnumater
Default My question is.... .!..

Has anyone had a similar issue? And I did my frighten home work, no one said, that if you did x and x and x you would need x. If you have an issue move on.
I'm just putting it out there so maybe it doesn't happen to someone else. I could have used the engine shops name but I've decided to see if they are going to make good on there word.

Last edited by jkeaton; 07-03-2014 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Dont tell a mod to F.O.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:59 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnumater
Has anyone had a similar issue? And I did my frighten home work, no one said, that if you did x and x and x you would need x. If you have an issue move on.
I'm just putting it out there so maybe it doesn't happen to someone else. I could have used the engine shops name but I've decided to see if they are going to make good on there word.
OK.

Last edited by jkeaton; 07-03-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Magnumater
Default Home work

Originally Posted by RDuck
Sounds like you should have done some homework first. Not after.
Just how am to do homework regarding getting help with engine build specs, am I to google every combination of parts that has been spec'd to see if some a hole in wherever land had no problem and he didn't need a tune?. Get a grip, I actually did my homework , and asked for an engine build that was mild enough to not need tuning, simple as that, I talked with all the major Dodge engine builders including Hughes, Clegg, Campbell etc. If you don't have anything to ad, **** off. I've found so many posts on this site that rather then answer to the issue at hand, or move on, they only ad unnecessary drama and BS.
Thanks for wasting my time.

Quick Reply: Engine build specs from " professionals"