2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 10:45 PM
tired old man
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I came to this site looking for information on my LHS.

I searched quite a bit and asked some questions but NO ONE ever answered me at all.

Later I asked some questions on the second generation Neon section.

Again NO ONE answered me at all.

Then I found this forum called Daily WTF. It was a down right fun place to read really off the wall comments and occasionally find valuable information about dodge and Chrysler vehicles.

I have since ditched the LHS, still have one of the Neon's and bought a PT Cruiser GT turbo convertible.

This particular forum has changed a lot over the years. Some of the more fun folks are gone but sometimes I still find something interesting enough to keep me coming back.

Last edited by tired old man; 05-18-2015 at 10:47 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:25 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

The people that want to help (like me) jump around to all sections offering advise and troubleshooting tips/diagosis the best I can. 8 out of 10 posts are common problems with any vehicle that can be answered by anyone who has turned a wrench or two in their life, or by a quick search for existing threads. The ones that I can't answer, I leave to the experts in that section. If no one provides a timely response, I will PM a section moderator to jump in. There are a few sections that are not visited by members on a minute by minute basis like 2nd gen Ram, where someone can imediately answer a question as soon as it's posted (i.e. HeyYou, Mr. Johnny on the spot ). I at least try to respond and let them know that at least someone is here.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:43 PM
schmidtp
Veteran

This forum has been fantastic for me! Got the info I needed to do a FULL tune up so I have a reliable work truck.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:49 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by schmidtp
This forum has been fantastic for me! Got the info I needed to do a FULL tune up so I have a reliable work truck.
Happy the kind folks of DF could help you out. We try our best. Some don't agree with the methods, but we have to keep some semblance of order around here.

Old 05-21-2015, 03:02 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just ordered my t case saver. Shouldve done it alot sooner. Old snap ring is... in bad shape to say the least....

Old 05-22-2015, 10:31 AM
schmidtp
Veteran

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
Just ordered my t case saver. Shouldve done it alot sooner. Old snap ring is... in bad shape to say the least....
Nice!

I am going to paint my bedliner on and start rust repair this weekend. Then its on to polish and wax the rest of any paint that is on the truck. Can't wait to have it in good looking shape.

Old 05-22-2015, 07:25 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

This was earlier in the week... hoping to get more done over the weekend.

Ready to prime.

Old 05-23-2015, 07:45 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My friend got an 06 unlimited wrangler yesterday. Six speed. 4.0. It's pretty cool. Completely stock.

I'll go take a pic sometime

Old 05-24-2015, 04:25 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Some of the run from Quantico to the Pentagon, this was the 2nd group and I wasn't able to get all of them, didn't get any of the first group.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:03 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Someday soon I am going to make that trip and do that run. I know I'll have to wait until my daughter graduates from school so in 6 years Ill be turning 60 and I'll do that ride. I really want to see all the bikes and just to be there. It is one of the few times a year veterans are even thought about by people who have had no reason to interact with the military. The military now days is like everything else, totally disposable!!! Use us until we're broke or you don't need us anymore then throw us away and forget about us.

Quick Reply: The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread