2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Infinity System Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 07:41 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by ramsportrocks
there is something ( module maybe ) that plugs in to the aftermarket head unit that will allow you to keep the infinity speakers.. I cant remember what it is called but the shop near me told me I would need one if I wanted to retain stock infinity speakers/amps if I went with an aftermarket head unit

find a reputable install shop and they will sell you whats required
I would spend my money on new (better) speakers, before spending money on a gadget to reuse the stock speakers, as Infinity speaker failure is common.

Old 12-29-2015, 01:06 PM
ramsportrocks
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spillage
I would spend my money on new (better) speakers, before spending money on a gadget to reuse the stock speakers, as Infinity speaker failure is common.
module was something like $20 if I remember right..only reason I would keep them is im trying to keep the SS/T as original as possible for future sale
and the radio can be swapped back in about 25 minutes.. the speakers would require quite a bit more

Old 12-31-2015, 03:07 PM
Maximillio
Professional

Do you remember what the module is called? I'd certainly like it for a short term fix at a price so low :P Eventually I'd probably swap out the speakers to something a bit better, as I'm somewhat of a audiophile (Even though cars are terrible listening environments :P) but a solution for the meantime would be nice so I can plan the rest out and still get to enjoy the features of an aftermarket head-unit.

Old 12-31-2015, 10:54 PM
jsmith1969
Professional

Originally Posted by Maximillio
Do you remember what the module is called? I'd certainly like it for a short term fix at a price so low :P Eventually I'd probably swap out the speakers to something a bit better, as I'm somewhat of a audiophile (Even though cars are terrible listening environments :P) but a solution for the meantime would be nice so I can plan the rest out and still get to enjoy the features of an aftermarket head-unit.
When I upgraded my stereo I used the door amps for awhile until I got another amp. This
Amazon.com: Stereo Wire Harness Dodge Ram Pickup 98 99 00 01 Car Radio Wiring Installation Parts: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Stereo Wire Harness Dodge Ram Pickup 98 99 00 01 Car Radio Wiring Installation Parts: Car Electronics
had the hookup for the using the stock amps. It's as easy as running the blue(pretty sure it was blue) to the remote turn on of your new stereo.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:16 AM
ramsportrocks
Veteran

Originally Posted by Maximillio

sorry I do not but will try and stop in the shop this week and see if I can get a part number from them

Quick Reply: Infinity System Question