2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Selling my Dodge :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 05:53 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,383 Likes on 3,123 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverSS
Thanks! I'm not really brand loyal... As long as it's American .
Yeah, but, what's "american" these days? Dodge is now owned by Fiat, a friggin' TOYOTA has more american content in it than a Chevy, and are actually built here in the states...... GM is going to start building cars in China, for export to the US...... Jeep is moving from Toledo, to Mexico...... I think "american product" is pretty much meaningless these days.

Old 04-28-2016, 07:07 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our F250 Diesels were assembled in Kentucky, but that doesn't mean with American made parts.

Old 04-28-2016, 09:14 PM
SilverSS
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Yeah, but, what's "american" these days? Dodge is now owned by Fiat, a friggin' TOYOTA has more american content in it than a Chevy, and are actually built here in the states...... GM is going to start building cars in China, for export to the US...... Jeep is moving from Toledo, to Mexico...... I think "american product" is pretty much meaningless these days.
Sad but true. Probably just a mental thing at this point lol.

Last edited by SilverSS; 04-28-2016 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:22 PM
SilverSS
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got a pic loaded.

Old 04-29-2016, 03:08 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Yeah, but, what's "american" these days?
The dollars paid as wages to foreign workers in the jobs exported by what we used to call American corporations.

I wonder who came up with the grand plan to first throw everyone out of work and then sell them lots and lots of stuff. Whoever it was, he's probably filthy stinking rich instead of hanging from a gas station balcony as he should be.

Grins at whoever gets the historical reference.

Old 04-29-2016, 10:44 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

I got a tap and die set from Sears/Craftsman the other day and to my surprise, MADE IN CHINA! WTF? When did American company's sell out to overseas competitors? Sad!

Old 04-29-2016, 11:42 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Moparite
I got a tap and die set from Sears/Craftsman the other day and to my surprise, MADE IN CHINA! WTF? When did American company's sell out to overseas competitors? Sad!
Like forever ago....

Old 04-29-2016, 09:43 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Moparite
When did American company's sell out to overseas competitors?
Never. That's not what happened.

What happened is that corporations that people insist upon calling American just because they were founded and are still domiciled here moved their factories to China where labor costs are much, much lower and regulations to protect those workers and the environment in which they live are essentially non-existent. Profit is the difference between cost of production and sell price, so reducing production cost by doing manufacturing overseas then bringing the product here where the market will bear a high sell price means lots and lots of profit.

And just to make sure that we know exactly what we're talking about when we say "American corporation": We're talking about the small number of very rich Americans, or mostly Americans, who are the major shareholders of that corporation. Boards of directors are democratically elected by the shareholders, but instead of one person, one vote it's one share, one vote so it's really only the very small number of people who own most of the stock whose votes really matter in that winner-take-all democracy.

It's not really XYZ Corporation who threw tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of Americans out of work when they moved their factory to China, it's the Americans who are the major shareholders of XYZ Corporation who did it. Corporations don't make decisions, or spend money, or force you to give up your Facebook login credentials, or pollute, or produce unsafe products, or tell you that you cannot have a pay raise, or fire you if you say something via social media of which they disapprove. The people who run corporations do those things.

That's why it's so hard to believe that everywhere you look you're seeing the wealthiest nation in world history at the very peak of its wealth.

Old 04-30-2016, 10:48 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

If you are going to sell products from over seas make sure the quality is there first. Right on the package it says "trusted". Well you are deceiving my trust by selling this crap over here. It had decent reviews and although the tap handles are cheaply made the dies and taps look decent. It's under the warranty so if any break i'm taking it back and getting a new one. If they don't give me one i'll bring the whole thing back. At least i got it for about 50% off the regular price. Look at Apple, That's an American company that has everything made over seas. I'm sure they have strict quality control on what's made there. Makes you wonder what kind of tools are used in Japan, Taiwan, and China? It sure aint the crap they ship over here!!!

Old 04-30-2016, 12:14 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Quality costs money. So instead of quality, you just make it so cheap that when it breaks you just go buy another.

See Harbor Freight.

Quick Reply: Selling my Dodge :(