2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Selling my Dodge :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 07:31 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Moparite
If you are going to sell products from over seas make sure the quality is there first.
Someone led you at gunpoint into the Sears store and forced you to buy low quality commodities?

Old 05-01-2016, 12:45 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

I bought it on line so i didn't get to see it until after i had it in my possession. There is "made in china" on the back in small letting(should be in large lettering front and center!). I posted a review of it on the sears site and expressed my displeasure with their "made in china" product to fore warn potential future buyers. Shame on you sears!!!

Old 05-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I bought it on line so i didn't get to see it until after i had it in my possession. There is "made in china" on the back in small letting(should be in large lettering front and center!). I posted a review of it on the sears site and expressed my displeasure with their "made in china" product to fore warn potential future buyers. Shame on you sears!!!

You could have easily figured out where it was made before purchasing it.

Not to be mean but, most craftsman stuff has been made overseas for years. I would recommend doing more research on your future purchases.

Old 05-01-2016, 01:48 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,383 Likes on 3,123 Posts

Originally Posted by Ham Bone

Not to be mean but, most craftsman stuff has been made overseas for years. I would recommend doing more research on your future purchases.
What good quality tools that don't cost an arm and a leg AREN'T made in China these days???

Old 05-01-2016, 04:40 PM
Ham Bone
Champion

Originally Posted by HeyYou
What good quality tools that don't cost an arm and a leg AREN'T made in China these days???
Hell, idk. Not everything made in China is complete trash.

Things I've bought recently that were made in USA that I can remember,

Estwing hammer,
Pair of Chanel locks,

I have some kobalt tools, not made in America but are pretty good quality for the price.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:54 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,383 Likes on 3,123 Posts

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
Hell, idk. Not everything made in China is complete trash.

Things I've bought recently that were made in USA that I can remember,

Estwing hammer,
Pair of Chanel locks,

I have some kobalt tools, not made in America but are pretty good quality for the price.
And I don't see Lowes going anywhere, anytime soon... I am seriously considering changing from Craftsman, to Kobalt, as they seem to be better quality, and have a MUCH larger in-store selection. (we only have a little sears 'outlet' store here now.... the HUGE store in the Mall went bye-bye.)

Old 05-02-2016, 08:59 AM
Ham Bone
Champion

Yep our Sears box store went buy buy also.

I still rely on my old craftsman stuff. Even rebuilt my old 1/2 Rachet my grampa gave me with a 10 dollar kit I got on eBay. Good stuff back then.

Old 05-02-2016, 09:43 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

True! Key thing is to never "ASSume" it is made in the usa even though it's an American company. I know the companion stuff sears sells is made overseas but i didn't think this would be. My bad, Have to pay more attention to what they are selling. I still want to know what kind of tools they use over there? I was watching a show on TV last night about where our recyclables go. You know the cans cardboard plastic etc... I was shocked to find out they ship it overseas! No one in the us can repurpose that stuff? Where is the usa headed?

Old 05-03-2016, 07:58 AM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
Our F250 Diesels were assembled in Kentucky, but that doesn't mean with American made parts.
Yep, That truck was built at the Chamberlain Lane Ford Plant in Louisville. We've got 2 Ford plants in town. Definitely a Ford town.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:32 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Where is the usa headed?
The USA is working as designed. Every republican (form of) government achieves the state in which we now find ourselves, which is what the republican form is intended to achieve, and why most of western civilization has chosen democracy instead.

Public schools (at least used to) teach us that the Constitution established a republic, and what it means to live in a republic: The electorate votes for rulers rather than ideas, and its voice begins and ends at the ballot box. If you disagree with what those rulers do, you have the right to petition them for redress of grievance, and they have the right to ignore you.

In a democracy, using my home state of Colorado as an example because it's the one I know (and appreciate) best, the citizens tell the government what to do and the government must comply because we own it and the folks we elect work for us. We've done a lot more than just legalize marijuana with that democratic power, and come November we're going to decide if we get health care as a constitutional right, too. It's not up to the government to decide that for us, and we aren't asking or allowing it to decide that for us. The government is just the tool we use to speak and act collectively. (Should we decide to do it, we'll be kicking both capitalists and politicians completely out of our health insurance pool, running it ourselves as a co-op.)

A democracy probably wouldn't decide to create elites, let alone reward them with tax breaks and other incentives to strip mine the economy upon which the masses depend for their survival and quality of life. When you buy those imported products you reward those same elites.

You're going to fault the elites for doing the things for which they are rewarded?

Last edited by UnregisteredUser; 05-03-2016 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Clarification, maybe.

Quick Reply: Selling my Dodge :(