2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Kind of a new guy

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 04:29 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ramsportrocks
I use over payment as a relative term..
Heh... So do I.

Originally Posted by ramsportrocks
the plenum repair job was expected BUT the rear end complete overhaul was a kick in the pants a couple weeks after purchase as the damn thing didn't make a sound when we test drove it or it could have been another negotiating point..
Me too. I did everything I could to make the transmission slip, just rodded the hell out of it during the test drive, but only got 2,000 miles before the overdrive snap ring came untogether. I'd planned on swapping in a Mega Viper after getting a few more months out of the factory unit, and accelerating that plan meant I couldn't do the work myself so I had the thing shipped to Drive Line Service Of Las Vegas. They performed the install with TLC -- Total Lack of Competence. Didja ever have a neighbor who was just always working on his vehicles because they were always broken, and he blamed the manufacturer for it? Their wrench monkeys were those guys. I'd have been better off taking it to the high school auto shop.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:12 AM
ramsportrocks
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HAHAHAHAHAHA been there... with my SS/T one of the reason I paid more that I should have was receipts--- new trans , upper and lower ball joints-- calipers,discs,pads in front, water pump, etc,etc,etc.. but ill be dammed if that rear didn't make a sound when we test drove it a good 10 miles surface streets and highway

Quick Reply: Kind of a new guy