2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Deadliner/Pyrofax blankets

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 08:48 PM
frankie_b_jr
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Deadliner/Pyrofax blankets

My dad bought these years ago (early 90s? Maybe earlier) and told me what they were for. Trouble is, he passed away 10 years ago and probably told me 10 years before that, so I don't remember now.
After searching the Web, I can't find anything, even on the 3M page using their ID number.

Anyone have an idea what these are for?

Full label on tube.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:01 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,372 Likes on 3,113 Posts

I can find a lot of information for cleaners/deleters..... but, nothing on what it actually is.... I see stuff from the mining industry, put mostly from the printing industry... No clue what the stuff is.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:39 PM
frankie_b_jr
Captain

That's what I was running into. Hopefully someone in here knows what they are are.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:45 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,372 Likes on 3,113 Posts

Did your dad have anything to do with the printing industry????

Old 06-15-2016, 08:19 PM
frankie_b_jr
Captain

Not that I'm aware of. Lol. I can remember something to do with fire, but I might be wrong. I also don't remember if it was a protection barrier, or what in those regards.

Around the time I remember these showing up, my dad was really heavy into prospecting. Primarily dry panning and related because of the lack of water in this area. Don't know if that helps at all, but it's what I've got right now.

Old 06-15-2016, 09:51 PM
jsmith1969
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it has to do with printing also- from the bottom of this page under where it says OCR Text https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/6619032/

Pyrofax system installed in July News-Texan was the third newspaper operation in the nation to install Pyrofax electrostatic plate processing equipment in the lithography department, says Jerry Arnold, plant manager. The time involved in preparing for th'e presses the plate of the two pages that are on the same side of a sheet of paper in a newspaper has been cut to around five minutes. Before installation of the Pyro- fax equipment this past July, it took around 30 minutes. The system involves two machines an imager and a fuser. The imager puts a chemical reproduction of the page on what is called a "blanket," A "squeeze" lens on the imager reduces the width of the page as laid out by composition by 7" 4 per cent, without affecting the depth. The blankets for the two pages that are on the same press plate are placed on the fuser. The fuser heats the blankets and plate to 300 degrees Fahrenheit, fusing the pages' image on the aluminum plate used on News-Texan's offset presses.

Quick Reply: Deadliner/Pyrofax blankets