2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Replacement headlight housings

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 09:01 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

I bought my replacement headlights and such from them, they were exact copies of the stock units, might even be by the same manufacturer...... came with bulbs (don't think they do that any more) fit right in, had the correct factory adjusters, and were great quality. They have been on my truck for several years now, and I still like them.

Old 11-27-2016, 09:39 AM
artman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't received mine yet, I'll give an opinion when I do though...I bought both headlights with side markers and new grill as a package deal for $114.50...

Last edited by artman; 11-27-2016 at 09:46 AM.
Old 12-13-2016, 10:03 PM
mokurt
Amateur

Originally Posted by artman
I haven't received mine yet, I'll give an opinion when I do though...I bought both headlights with side markers and new grill as a package deal for $114.50...
Did you get them?

Old 12-14-2016, 07:20 PM
artman

I would have posted from my phone earlier today but I couldn't change the characters for the text and it was Arabic or something... I did receive my lights and grill, the lights look good though the actual lenses were slightly different than the OEM. I'm talking about the light refracting patterns on the lense, thought it was a reject but after looking at my OEM lenses they too are different than each other so no big deal I guess, too busy at work to install them yet.The lights came with the driving light bulbs installed, I wasn't expecting them so that's cool... Everything was packaged very well but my grill had one top mounting tab broken clean at the bottom and the other upper side tab broke but not separated, I just super glued it and plan on putting a layer of fiberglass on each tab to reinforce them, they seem brittle and light and I have the materials handy. It came wrapped in bubble wrap and eps foam blocks about 1" tall to protect the tabs, they needed to be 1.5" to fully protect the tab, all that in a box that didn't show any damage or evidence of crush. The chrome plastic exterior looks great...
I should add that communication with AM-Autoparts.com was very good and they offered to replace the grill but it seemed easier for me to just fix it, no big deal once it's on it won't be seen and I don't have to worry about my grill flying off.

Last edited by artman; 12-14-2016 at 07:31 PM. Reason: needed to clarify
Old 12-14-2016, 11:56 PM
chevelle68
Rookie

this is good info, i was looking to buy the headlights only since my markers are good but the price is right, might as well get the whole assembly.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:34 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

Originally Posted by chevelle68
this is good info, i was looking to buy the headlights only since my markers are good but the price is right, might as well get the whole assembly.
That was my take on it as well. Made the job easier, just swapping EVERYTHING out.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:03 AM
mokurt
Amateur

Originally Posted by artman
So are the headlights good?

Old 01-22-2017, 09:58 AM
artman
Default All good

They are as good as OEM...

Old 11-18-2018, 02:49 PM
ramsportrocks
Veteran

they are still a great deal from AM autoparts.. just ordered a set for my 97.. have polished them 3 times in 3 years
last time was back in June and they are already yellowed

cost me $52.24 shipped after 5% discount code

thanks again for the heads up guys

Old 11-18-2018, 10:12 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

The AM lights have yellowed or the stock ones?

I just noticed moisture in my driver's assy only after 20 years of use. Not bad. But I'm not getting junk. Shoot, I'll spring for OEM if they're still under 200 and much better than aftermarket. Wait. . . is that what AM is? AfterMarket? ugh