2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Wildman His Jeep & His Surgery

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 09:20 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

Rick,
Sorry I'm late to the party... I've been away for a while.

I'm very happy that you're getting the relief you where looking for (no more than you, I'm sure).
You'll be full speed ahead from here on out... get that prosthetic going and there'll be no stopping you.

Sincerely, my best wishes for a speedy rehab.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:21 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Howdy all,
It is week 3 since my surgery and my leg being amputated. I am more than happy with the way things are going. My leg is looking really good and everyone seems to be real happy with how it looks. I am happy also from what I can see and also on how it feels. The main reason for this sugery was to try to relieve some of the pain I was having in my lower right leg, ankle and foot. It had gotten so bad I would just be sitting in my recliner and the pain I would have would make tears roll down my face. And I am not some SNOWFLAKE pansy mansy. I can take some pain. Hell I was awake talking to the medic as she worked on my leg the day I got shot. So to not have the pain I was in it is an awesome feeling. Sure I am still having some pain but it is surgical pain not the nerve pain I was having. So I went in for my cast change today and look at my leg. So here are the pictures from todays visit.

They had me flexing my knee a lot more today and then washed the leg with a alcohol wipe type of cloth which surprisingly didn't hurt too much. The flexing and stuff was the most hurtful part and it hurt more from my leg being locked in a straight position for so long.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:30 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Lookin' a little red there around the sutures, but, I suppose that really shouldn't come as a surprise.

Glad to hear you are feelin' better though, and you accomplished what you set out for. Looking forward to you being back on your feet (foot?) and getting back at that jeep.

Old 06-06-2018, 11:28 PM
2bit
Record Breaker
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

I hope it continues to heal well.

Old 06-09-2018, 10:17 PM
frankie_b_jr
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Looking good. Really glad to hear the pain is down. Keep up the fight.

Old 06-11-2018, 10:23 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

Frank I go in tomorrow to have my cast changed again. It is a once a week event right now. They are going to be taking some of the stitches out tomorrow too. I don't know yet if they are taking them all out or if they will only be taking half of them out. It all depends on how well the doctors feel the leg is healing. I'm hoping they take them all so that I might get to come home in a brace again instead of the cast. I'll have pictures to post again tomorrow.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:12 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

Well hello to everyone who has been following this weekly saga. Today was a big day for me as the doctor at Harborview Dr Hodapp looked at my leg today and she was very VERY happy with it and how it looked. So because of how it looked she removed all of the stitches and sent me home in the brace I wore the first day home in again. It sure is nice not to have that darn cast on my leg anymore. But now I am wearing shrink socks to help get my leg ready for casting so I can get my first socket. So I am happy and excited for this plus I can now take a shower............................................ ........... And that right there is even a better thing.

So those last 4 pictures where just showing how great it looks and how much the swelling has gone down. Now at this point we didn't know if the doctor was going to agree and take all the stitches out.

Now the doc taking the stitches out. Yep it only hurt a little and I was very happy to get them out. I can't wait to get my new leg.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:00 PM
frankie_b_jr
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Looking good. Getting excited to see you jumping around on your new pogo stick

If I was any good at photoshop I'd draw in a design. Lol

Old 06-14-2018, 08:07 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

There is a lot to be said for the ability to shower regularly.

Good to see things are going well for ya.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:37 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Are you going to get a peg and pretend to be a pirate? Arrrggghhh

Quick Reply: Wildman His Jeep & His Surgery