2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Wildman His Jeep & His Surgery

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2018, 01:40 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 149 Likes on 114 Posts

Howdy folks,
I got discharged from the VA yesterday and of course the first thing I had to do was go get some GOOD food. Went out for a nice steak and fries last night. Then came home and crashed.
So being at the VA was a good thing and I did learn a lot of new things while I was there. They discharged me sooner than expected because I was doing so well. While I was there I had to have a new socket made as my original socket
was causing me a lot of pain. The new socket was great and is what I had expected a prosthetic to feel like. So before I was discharged yesterday I went in to see my prosthetist to have any last minute adjustments. So now it is wear it everyday and get use to it more. I go back to the VA in 2 weeks to have any adjustments made. So things are moving along and I will be headed back to my home in about a week. I'll be posting some pictures later today.

Rick

Old 07-21-2018, 06:12 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

Okay here is a video of me walking using just one forearm crutch. Getting better and better each day. But I sure get wore out real fast right now.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:06 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

Yee Ha! Looks like you are getting around pretty good. Congrats!!! Hope the rest of your recovery goes as well.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:50 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Making great progress...

Old 07-22-2018, 02:01 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Good progress man!

Old 07-27-2018, 01:35 PM
armynurse
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like you're doing great! Keep working it.

It sounds weird, but I'm glad you got the amputation. Lots of folks try to hold on to a leg because they can, but it isn't doing them any good if they can't weight bear, or they're in constant pain.

I'm a retired Army nurse; did two tours in Iraq (once in 2005 at Ibn Sina in Baghdad - I'm wondering if you may have been there before I got there) and once to Afghanistan.

Old 07-28-2018, 06:50 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

Armynurse, I was in Balad in 2004. I was shot on 19 Oct 04 and was at the base hospital for almost 24 hours.

Well big day today. Karrlie and I came home 0n 26 July 18 after being gone since 12 May 18. So I am sure that Karrlie will remember 26 July for a long time. It is really nice to be back home but it was also a little scary at the same time. I had gotten use to my mom taking care of me and it was nice but I need to do for myself also.

Our neighbor has been watching Belle which is Karrlie's dog. And she even cleaned the house some before we came home. It was real nice to walk in the door and see a cleaned floor.

So now I am home and am going to have to figure out how to get around the house and do things in the house. It is much different than my mom's house. So wish me luck and lets hope I don't mess things up.

Old 07-28-2018, 08:49 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

I got faith in ya.

I love being at home. I sleep better here too.

Old 08-11-2018, 12:16 AM
Sledder10
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Rick - we never met in person but we communicated a couple years ago about various spare parts you had, and I used to see your mega cab all over cle elum I live in Ellensburg and work in cle elum - just wanted to say hi and offer up my services if needed. I recently bought a 98 1500 to get back into the Mopar game so I've poking around the forums again and say this thread. Anyway, my schedule is pretty limited with three young kids, but figured I would offer regardless. when you get back to working on your jeep and need a tool b**** I have a lot of practice, or if you need anything magnum parts taken off your hands lol.

Old 09-05-2018, 04:10 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

Well guys I am sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life got busy but I figured I owed you an update on how I am doing. I now have what they call a definitive socket which is the one that is made out of carbon fiber that you see all the time with great designs on it. If it is on a t-shirt they can then mold it to the socket. So when I was asked what I wanted on mine I told them "Something patriotic" And that is what I got. And I do have to say I like it ALOT!!!.

Quick Reply: Wildman His Jeep & His Surgery