2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

99 dodge ram 1500 4x4 reverse problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 03:57 PM
Mike4x4ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 dodge ram 1500 4x4 reverse problem

Ight I was playing in the mud last night and lost reverse didn't fell or hear anything but I was on the throttle pretty hard. Rocked it a few times and noticed the tires weren't spinning in reverse. Drove home truck did fine all forward gears worked as normal no slipping nothing weird at all. Come this morning go out start truck let it warm up in neutral as I always do but didn't hear no funny noises checked transmission fluid it's full but looks and smells a lil burnt but not bad it's still reddish. Go from neutral to 1st it grabs from 1st back to neutral then to drive it grabs from drive to reverse and you can feel it wanting to grab but don't I can feel the truck wanting to move it just dont kinda like a slight jerking but not a slipping jerk I don't think. In reverse I dont hear nothing funny it just wont move other than the slight jerking and the engine chokes down when I give a lil throttle and let off. Yall think it's the torque converter or the reverse band or the pressure sensor.. I'm lost dont know much about transmissions so any help/advice is welcome. Thank you
can some one explain this manual 1st engine braking?

Last edited by Mike4x4ram; 03-31-2020 at 02:31 PM.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:08 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

I would drop the pan, and see if the band anchor fell out.

Quick Reply: 99 dodge ram 1500 4x4 reverse problem