2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Could somebody please help me? my instrument cluster's gone all crazy.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 08:28 PM
fryerdiesel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could somebody please help me? my instrument cluster's gone all crazy.

Anybody seen this before? Dash lights up like a Christmas tree. Check engine, ABS, air bag, low fuel, check guages, brake, etc. lights all come on, all guages drop to 0, mileage odometer disappears and and in it's place a message, "No Bus" comes up. I know it's a communication problem of some sort but was just wondering if this is a common problem that somone else has seen and fixed or if I have a lot of diagnosis ahead of me. Thanks.

Old 05-20-2007, 04:00 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Could somebody please help me? my instrument cluster's gone all crazy.

mine did that when i forgot to put on the 2-3 ground wires at the power steering pump. there are also a group of grounds behind drivers side kickpanel. maybe some on firewall near pcm. also clean the ground cable at battery. i've also heard of it doing this with a blown fuse (check end of dash and pdc box under hood). also check that all wires and plugs are tight at pcm.

Old 05-20-2007, 07:34 PM
whiteram00
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Could somebody please help me? my instrument cluster's gone all crazy.

had a problem like that with my dakota a while back an it was a lose ground behind the cluster cause when it happend i could smakc the top of the dash an it would come on,so i checked an fixed it

Quick Reply: Could somebody please help me? my instrument cluster's gone all crazy.