2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tranny install

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 09:43 PM
bigred1977
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny install

OK I have a reman transmission on the way with a new torque converter. Removal was not that bad, just a pain crawling out from underneath the truck for tools. But I have a question. Should I worry about the alignment of the new torque converter on the drive plate? (the haynes manual says to mark the relationship of the torque converter to the drive plate and be sure to install it in the same position) I've helped swap out trannys before but i don't recall worring about this. Does any one have any advice on this? and if ya'll have any advice on doing the trans install i'll be glad to hear it.
THANKS[>:][:@]

Old 05-22-2007, 12:53 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts
Default RE: tranny install

No, You don't need to worry about lining upthe torque converter holes. They are the same anyway you rotate it. Be sure to flush the cooler lines and ck the oneway ck valve. If you find it plugged , replace it.

Old 05-22-2007, 01:06 PM
bigred1977
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tranny install

thanks makes sense. I thought it didn't matter but I did not want to screw it up

Quick Reply: tranny install