2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anybody interested in a brand new Mopar Performance Air Cleaner?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 02:49 AM
mopowar
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anybody interested in a brand new Mopar Performance Air Cleaner?

Awesome!! Where do you live?
Testing data that I have via my scanner shows difernt results for my part of the country. I sure do wish that open filter would work for me. I like the look, and it is a major PITA every time I want to service or tweak something on the motor to have to remove the plenums, then the box...etc.
Where I live, my pcm pulls about %10 more ltright off the bat cruising out of the neighborhoodwhen I remove the plenums with the motor warmed up (180*), and runs about3-5* less timing.

Edit: It's been, day to day, between 75-90 degrees here. Thereadings were taken at ~80.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:01 AM
moparrtguy
Veteran

ORIGINAL: mopowar

You use a cold air setup to get a denser air mass to mix with the fuel. When the air gets too cold- or dense- your pcm has to throw alot more carbon (gas) into the mix so that your truck doesn't **** al gore off.Say you were to optimize a cold air setup so that your iat (even correctly positioned) were to read just 5-10 degrees over ambient temperature; This would work great during most of the year in most of the country, but during the months when ambient temperatures are ~ 50* your dumping dense60* air across your iat sensor and through the motor where the final al gore test shows up on your 02 sensor. Essentially, the more 02 and co2 you have thrown in the more Cv8Hv18 you are going to have to throw into the mix to keep al gore happy. So, if during the cooler months one were to switch from an induction system that had provided 60* air to a system that provides say 100* air, at that point less Cv8Hv18 would be required to keep al gore happy. Conversely, when temperatures get higher and the same system that provided the 100* air in the winter starts to provide 150* air in the summer, power will suffer and you will once again start to **** al gore off because you will hold his limo up and once again suffer poor fuel mileage.

What he said, I guess! Its getting listed on ebay in a few minutes, I have had alot of input and information but no serious offers have been made. I will post the link for the auction as soon as its up.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:11 AM
moparrtguy
Veteran

Auction listed on e-bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=300118645789

Quick Reply: Anybody interested in a brand new Mopar Performance Air Cleaner?