2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Member UPDATED PICTURES AND VIDEO NOW HERE

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 11:01 AM
SmokeGrinder
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member UPDATED PICTURES AND VIDEO NOW HERE

Hi all, great forum ive been reading through the stuff...alot of intelligiant people here....

I'm 16 we've always had dodge trucks in the family so 2 weeks ago i bought my own
Its a 2000 Ram 1500 slt laramie with the 318....Completely stock.....Since then I've put on-

Hedman Headers
2.5" Duels Flowmaster Original 40s
Ordered a Jet Stage 1 Chip

Now i cant decide what to do for the intake....I like the look of both CAI and Mopar Performance air filters, I think i want to go with a CAI though.....I don't see justification in buying a $360 one for just a better way to get air in, I know some people don't like the chrome but how would this CAI work?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-01...QQcmdZViewItem

Pics to come today......

Heres the exhaust clip...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/788139..._full_exhaust/

Pictures of the whole truck are uploading now...
Thanks

Old 08-24-2007, 11:12 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Default RE: New Member, just joined...Pics of my truck and performance Q's

Welcome to the forum.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:16 AM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to DF !

Old 08-24-2007, 11:17 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome.

Do a search on the Jet chip, most people agree that they are not a very good mod. The way it piggybacks gives you some performance initially, but then the PCM compensates and your back to where you were. I never tried one myself, but that is what I have read, and based on what I know about these PCM's, that would seem to be completly plausible.

Get some pics posted too.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Fox Fader
Captain

This is the route I'm taking.
I got a Hypertech, used, cheap, works well and I like it.
Use it to wake the truck up some, worth the money cause it can always be re-sold.
I'm now looking for a PCM that after I get all my powertrain mods done, I'll use it to send to B&G, one of the better flashes to get.

As far as the intake goes, alot have gone this way, saves a lot of $$$

Old 08-24-2007, 02:09 PM
SmokeGrinder
Professional

Thanks all,
I cancelled the order on the JET Chip im glad you stopped me....What do you think of the superchip microtuner? The B&G looks great but i dont have $550 to drop right now...... The motor looks great with mopar performance....I have a few questions though......

What do you do with the vacuum line going into the stock airbox?
How did you hook up the threaded rod? I dont see any in the TB....
Does anyone have the stock #s for setting it up the mopar performance way? What would i need to buy besides the circular filter?
Thanks.....sorry for so many ?'s Pics will be on tonight or tommorow......Im in the middle of upgrading wires and plugs at the moment and need to have it finished for work at 3:00 [:'(]

Old 08-24-2007, 04:21 PM
2k10HemiRam
Captain

I have the superchips microtuner and I'm love'in it. It made a big difference in the performance of my truck. My truck gets up and off the line quicker, it has more power across the board and since I changed the rev limit and speed limit switch's, I was actually able to break 105 mph. I've never used or know anyone personally thats used the hypertech programmer so I cannot compare the two but I can say that the superships microtuner is more costly.

Old 08-25-2007, 09:14 AM
bomber 1
Amateur

I have the Superships, and I really like it. I also have a round airfilter, but not the mopar performanceone. I got a 14 inch Edelbrock Filter for 30 bucks at the local parts shop. You need to make an "S" bolt for it. Heres a link to show you how to build one http://www.v8performance.com/tipsandtricks.htm#s-bolt
You remove the vaccum line that goes from the stock airbox to the drivers side valve cover and install a breather ($5) I also had to get a spacer that goes between the throttle body and the new filter base($8)it was1/2 inch or so.Then I replaced the paper filter with an Amsoil EA filter. I like this set up alot more then the K&N Cold Air Intake that I had before, for both performance and looks.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:48 AM
johnnyrocket5363
Captain

Hey! Just joined myself! I like the looks of that air filter...does it net as much HP as a cold air intake? Where can I go to get the stuff?

Old 08-25-2007, 10:24 PM
spaz_22
Captain

you should start your own thread to not jack this other guys thread but all is forgivin. most of the stuff for the round filter you can get an any local autoparts store, like napa or checkers and such. The threaded rod you can get at a hardwhare store. As for more information on it, do a quick search for "k&n fipk no more" buy silver_dodge. about 20 pages of information on the good and the bad on the round filter setup, and everything you'll need to complete the installation, and there are also some installation pictures there as well. Oh yea, and welcome to df guys

Quick Reply: New Member UPDATED PICTURES AND VIDEO NOW HERE