2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

3" body lift is on.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 10:57 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 3" body lift is on.

was not a full 3 days ..like 3 hrs 1 day .. 4 hours the next day , and another 2 hours today... cant make money working on my truck when there is customers that need work...

Old 08-31-2007, 11:26 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

Looks good man.

Only now you got yourself stuck in a spending cycle. Got the lift,now you need bigger tires.
Bigger tires need bigger axels, bigger axels have a different lug patterns, so youneed new wheels with an 8 lug bolt pattern...

Old 08-31-2007, 11:33 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Cereal Killer

Looks good man.

Only now you got yourself stuck in a spending cycle. Got the lift,now you need bigger tires.
Bigger tires need bigger axels, bigger axels have a different lug patterns, so youneed new wheels with an 8 lug bolt pattern...
lol..its a sickness , found a good deal on summit on there wheel and tire combo..wont go any bigger then a 34" tire ...

Old 08-31-2007, 11:49 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

34's might look kinda small with 6 inches of lift. What size is on there now?
Lots of room for flex though if you like to offroad. Not sure what part of PA you're in but if you're on the westside, it might be worth it for you to check out http://www.wheelingtire.com/They have good prices.

The tires in the pic in my profile are 33s and that's with no lift. shoot for 36's and get some iroks!

Old 08-31-2007, 11:58 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

the tires i have on now are 265 75 16 ,and i live in central , pa harisburg area. the only reason why im doing this lift and all is the wife is a RN and it doesnt matter what the weather is , if she gets a call she has to go high water / snow... plus i was thinking running super swamper TSL narrow 34x9.5 16 to run on the stock rim..

Old 09-01-2007, 12:27 AM
Cereal Killer
Champion

I wouldn't worry too much about the width. Mine are 11 inches wide on the stock rim. I keep a little less air in them to make sure they ride flat, about 28 PSI all around. I got superswamper TrXus M/T's and I gotta say they've been great so far. I'd either get those or the SSRs. Wouldn't buy a bias ply tire myself since I have to drive alot on the road.

Old 09-01-2007, 08:19 AM
Chopper1
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can redrill the frame or the bumper brackets and it looks stock again. Can't remember which of the two I drilled. I'm thinking both. I measured up and then had someone help me hold the bumper in place to verify placement. Drilled the first hole on each side.Tightened bumper in place and drilled the next hole which I think was the bumper bracket since the metal was easier to drill.I put one less bolt on each side. One of the holes was a pain so figured the reciever does all the work and the bumper only needs to hold someone standing on it. There should be a pick of the rear in my pics.

Old 09-01-2007, 11:10 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

alrighty took some quick measurements front bumper is 24" from the ground , driver side fender front is 44" from ground rear is 44 1/2" from ground rear bumper is 21" from ground (need to lift it). so im going with the bfg a/t 35x12.5x16 on my stock 16x7 rim . So when i do my 5" lift which it will only lift it another 2" since i was a 3" already on then with the tires , body , susp.. ill be at 30" <--legal !
silver dont worry about the 3 day fit , i didnt have time to do it all in a day...

Old 09-01-2007, 12:38 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Just roll into the inspection bay a little low on the tire pressure.

Old 09-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion

Just keep the tires you have now, and if in time should you pick up new wheels you can put the 35s on them and the old 31s on the stock tires wheels for inspection time.

I hear good things about BFG all terrains. My buddy has them. He doesn't go wheeling or anything, but he said they did real well in the snow.

How much of a pain in the *** was the 4 wheel lever?
Did you use blocks or add-a-leafs in the rear?
Does tow hitch look rediculously low now? I can't really tell from the pictures since your bumper is still in the same spot.

And you have a 3.55 final gear ratio right? Tell me how the 35's roll with that. If it's not bad I might just beef up the horsepower a little bit and skip the whole axel swap crap for awhile.

Quick Reply: 3" body lift is on.