2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

PICTURES of the 01 RAM CUPHOLDER ORDEAL ECT.!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Sirhilton17
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2001 Ram Frontseat CUP HOLDERS?

I was right about manuals not having the cup holders, I pulled these pics off ebay.

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...current=47.jpg
There is the cubby hole.

here is where the manual trannys have their cup holders... http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...current=45.jpg

And in the first pic I see the ciggarette lighter thing in the tray like your saying... weird...

Old 09-13-2007, 03:06 PM
AAA4948
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Huh! That's interesting.

Neon, if your truck is an auto, I would think that you can switch that bin out for the cup holders. My cup holders broke and I got the new one for ~$10 from a salvage yard. Pretty easy to switch if I recall. I did it in a parking lot while I was waiting for my family to arrive for dinner.

Old 09-13-2007, 03:45 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2001 Dodge Ram Offroad and have the cupholder just like pictured above. Yes it's a handle kind of like the glovebox handle. If you don't see it there you probably don't have it as it would be hard to miss. As for the airbag switch it's on the upper part of the dash with a cubby hole right underneath it.

My truck doesn't say offroad on the passenger side airbag either. That to me sounds like something added as I've never heard of it or seen it on a offroad. The offroad's have a sticker on the tailgate that say offroad edition.

Old 09-13-2007, 07:17 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

lol weird...yeah that manual dashbord picture is exactly what mine looks like...i wonder why its therE? maybe he broke his dash, or his cupholder, and just replaced it with a cubby? i also don't know why it says off-road on the passenger airbag, it looks like its professionally done too, it isnt something that could easily be peeled off. Also, my airbag key is on the bottom , i dont have a mini cubby, just a hole...the guy who owned this truck previous to me was ****in weird. I mean since i've gotten the truck, ive had to just go right through it. I mean i couldnt even open the hood, i ahd to buy new hood hinges, a safety catch and a safety latch just so i could open my hood, all the doors were uneven and caught on one another. I just got my truck back from the auto collison shop today and they fixed all my doors, chip guarded the entire bottom perimeter of the truck and doors to avoidrusting, replaced all the hood components, and took out the rest of the dents on the truck. And still, i have to get my tailgate repainted, and my bumper replaced before the truck will look perfect...im kind of pissed off right now about how many oddball weird things were wrong with the truck before i had to fix them (The off-road sticker, the missing cupholders, the airbag key on the bottom, no mini cubby just a weird hole, non functional hood, doors all unalligned). just a lot fo weird **** ive had to pay body shops to do to make the things function and look right lol...wuteva. but AAA, that's cool, ill def. be replacing my uselessl big cubby for the cup holder tray!

Old 09-13-2007, 07:37 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

It's sounds like your truck was in a wreck,a pretty bad one too. I'd check the frame for collision damage.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:09 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

yeah carfax def. said it was in a couple of them. numerous bodyshops say the frame is fine though, the scary thing is everytihngunderneath the truck is new looking (the bed, gas tanks ect.) so u can tell it had some issues prior. But im just going to finish the replacing job that they couldnt finish, but damn there was a hell lot of obstacles i had to go through to make this thing look right, keep in mind im pretty much OCD when it comes to **** being clean and perfect looking lmao!

Old 09-14-2007, 06:40 AM
AAA4948

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

I dont have a mini cubby, just a hole
You mean to tell me that it's still different than that picture that someone else posted of the manual truck? I'm still curious. Please post the pics of your dash. I'm also interested in the Off Road insignia.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:15 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

you got it, after i get out of classes today ill shoot over to my parents and snag their camera, i got to get to the bottom of this lol!

Old 09-15-2007, 08:21 AM
AAA4948

Hey Neon,

Don't forget that you still owe some photo documentation of this. Thanks man.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:24 AM
defiantmopar
Rookie

I have seen a few cup holders on the front of the armrest for that just came out the front of it. will have to find a pic of one to show. not sure if they are after market or what. but they were removeable.

Quick Reply: PICTURES of the 01 RAM CUPHOLDER ORDEAL ECT.!!!