2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

PICTURES of the 01 RAM CUPHOLDER ORDEAL ECT.!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 04:46 PM
priest1981
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2001 Ram Frontseat CUP HOLDERS?

Glad to help. Here is a link to some pictures of mine: http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff146/priest1981/
The armrest cup holder is an aftermarket purchase.

Will

Old 09-15-2007, 06:32 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

lmao now im goin to notice it haha! god damn it sucks where i live now, when i used to live w/ my parents they had a big lot, so you had a ton of privacy. Now, since I live with my brothers in a neighborhood, I have no privacy to work on my truck. People think I'm like some freak haha because I am out on the street, underneath my truck, trying to spray every part of the undercarriage so carefully with rubberized rust proofing, or when I am detailing my engine/interior, i just know they think i am sum weirdo haha, but wutever, I just love keeping on **** with a truck, it's what seperates it from the pack ya know??

Old 09-15-2007, 11:44 PM
spaz_22
Captain

the previous owner probably had a cracked dash, or got into an accident were the airbags went off and ruined the dash...or he got into an accident and he found a whole dash out of a manual for cheaper then just the airbags. Notice how your airbag and your glove back is slightly darker then the rest of you dash?? when you get a new airbag it comes as a whole piece the airbag and glovebox. On manuals the cup holders were on the floor one on each side of the shifter....also the slot were your airbag switch is at, on other dodges were the switch is at the top and there's a cubby hole in that spot, it's actually a spot for heated seats when the option was choosed. the offrroad on your airbag looks like a sticker someone put on there. If dodge did do that, they probably would have used the "dodge font" for offroad, and probably wouldn't have used a star for "A".

Old 09-16-2007, 01:57 AM
Works4Ford
Rookie

Also, on my 2001 off road, I have 1 cigarette lighter where yours is and a power outlet below it. It seems like its definitely a dash out of a manual or even out of another year ram.

Old 09-16-2007, 02:13 AM
nateblong
Professional

Man I'm sorry but I witnessed all that HUPLA...And I mean come on , that sticker on the passengers side airbag, of course was not stock and the cupholder issue was retarded.. please do your homework next time before you waste everyone elses time. K. Glad that you got things figured out brother... How many miles you got on your beast by now?

Old 09-16-2007, 12:41 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Nateblong what's up with the bi-polar message?? Before I got this dodge, I knew nothing about them, all I knew was fords, so I had NO IDEA how dodge's interior set-ups were like, hence the reason why I needed help solving the problem....other than that though, the truck is running great and has 101,000 miles on it. I love it so much, it had incredible horsepower, and it's really rediculous off the line, I even beat my brohters turbocharged saab 9-3 which is awesome lol. I cannot wait to keep cleaning this truck up and get some more performance mods like a cold air intake kit and some nice long tube headers, got to love these fricken dodges!

Old 09-18-2007, 09:41 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yo neon stop using armoral on the dash it does something to make it crack i have that problem and if ur dash was replaced thats prolly y i would stop using armoral on it just my opinion....j

Old 09-18-2007, 01:17 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Really? I thought it would aid the cracking. Kind of like lubing dried skin or something. Is there something I can use though to make my interior shiny, or should I just stay away from dashboard products?

Old 09-18-2007, 03:37 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dunno im down to just using a dash cover because im deciding whether or no to go and fiberglass mine or actually buy a replacement because if i fiberglass it i can paint it what ever color i want and use asmuch clearcoat and then ican just wax it as i see fit im not sure about what to use tho i know not to use armor all ...j

Old 09-18-2007, 04:45 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

Not like it matters anyways, none of the cupholders actually hold cups...they are more cup dumpers than anything.

Quick Reply: PICTURES of the 01 RAM CUPHOLDER ORDEAL ECT.!!!