2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Truck pullin' to the right

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 08:28 PM
creepy73
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Truck pullin' to the right

Well, I had the tires rotated, which seemed to help a little. Then I went in and tightened the spindle nut. There seems to be no play in the wheel so, I figure the bearings are still good. Took it out for another run and that seemed to help a bit more. I guess our roads are a bit heavily crowned around here. Thanks to everyone for your insight! Take care!

Old 09-18-2007, 11:07 PM
Sirhilton17
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine does the same thing, Im fairly sure mine just needs an alignment, becasue if I drive in the highway in the fast lane (3 lanes to the left, and less of a crown) my wheel is straight and the truck goes stright.

one thing I noticed about mine, its kind of hard to discribe, but it you look under your truck on the frame end of the control arms on the side there is somesort of a positioning device with arrows and "knotches: for the arrows to point too. On mine they are pointing at different spots. I am thinking that might be a posibility on mine... If you would like I will get a pic if you dont understand what I am talking about.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:37 AM
95ramdan
Professional

Your alignment may still be off. Most alignment shops will align your vehicle within factory specs. Most specs will allow some pretty extreme angles in my opinion (1/2 to 1 degree of cross camber) which will definitely cause a pull. Unfortunatly the only way to change camber is with a pretty spendy offset ball joint.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:16 PM
creepy73

Sirhilton17, I will have to look around under mine to see if I have the same. Will have to do that Sun and I will tell you what I have.
95Ramdan, speaking of ball joints, I think that I might have to replace mine. With further investigation, all four of them have deteriorated boots. However, everything seems to be tight, no play at all. I have a warranty that covers ball joints but, they have to fail and I don't know if they would consider them failed with the boots in the shape they are.

Quick Reply: Truck pullin' to the right