2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

97 Richard Petty Edition

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 06:50 AM
denman383
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 97 Richard Petty Edition

you got a good buy....try to keep it as long as you can.... unless you're married (then unfortunatly you will have to sell it to pay for things to go in your new house like i have to)[sm=sigh.gif]

Old 11-17-2004, 10:30 PM
david
Amateur

Thanks for the response. That is what I was looking for except the part about smoking the hemi. The Richard Petty truck is wanting to race my 04 hemi on the strip@1/8 mile. Maybe I can run with it......Will have fun at it no mater what....

Old 11-17-2004, 11:03 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know what Richardpetty97 has done to his truck, but I'm pretty sure a stock one isn't more than 275 HP. The Hemi will smoke it.

Old 11-18-2004, 01:39 AM
richardpetty97
Rookie

Hey david if you ever come down to Cpae Coral, FL post somethin and well set up a race =) as for mopartodd"I don't know what Richardpetty97 has done to his truck, but I'm pretty sure a stock one isn't more than 275 HP. The Hemi will smoke it. "the 97 richard petty truck($39,000) came stock with a super charger sry i forgot to mention that, dual exhasut, i put a max hp chip in it, i keep octane booster in it on top of 93 rating for the whole 80k miles that are on it(doesnt leak any oil anywhere), the muffler is almost non-existant, oh ya and the owner before me decided it didnt need a cadallydic conveter. Also the 2 door hemi powered ram 1500 on the cape coral bridge a few weeks ago didnt know what happened, just a flash, and some white ***** wigglin away, have a wonderful day mopartodd =P

Old 11-18-2004, 10:47 AM
moparturd
Banned

How about some pictures of your truck, including the engine, and some reference to the stock set-up. The few I've seen were stock magnum engines including the one in the ebay link you posted. Could your truck have had the SC put on at the dealership as a special package? Did you get the window sticker of it when you bought the truck?
Not calling anyone a liar here either. If I'm wrong, I'd like to see the right information.

Old 11-18-2004, 09:55 PM
richardpetty97
Rookie

Well first of all i know very little about engines(mty friend explained to me today what headers are lol). Second of all no i didnt get the sticker off the window or whatever ur talkin about. Thirdly i dont have a digital camera (old gf took that picture, as you can see not really a serious picture), but i am trying to get a hold of one this weekend. Fourthly a kid on my football team had trouble finding the SC, he showed it to me and its like under the engine to left left if ur lookin towards the back from the front, also i belive it is a standard v8 magnum (it says magnum on the engine and under the logo on the side lol). My teamate also told me when i asked about an inercooler that it would slow me down, somethin about how the air like hose thing comes from the left, i dunno but he said an innercooler would defintly slow me down. All i know about the SC is that its there, previous owner ( who just bout a lambourghini diablo) said it came stock, 365 hp. I will get pictures of my truck, especially the engine for mopartodd, in the near furture, likely this weekend. Also i dont have a stock cd player and i think that guy on ebay lied lol. Also i dont have a power seat driver or passenger but i do have power windows locks and mirrors. Also when i floor my truck the ac switches to the defog then switches off till i let off the gas, normal i guess no problem (turns the belt off for max hp?) now it wont turn off of defog any1 know a quick fix for this?Ive tried everything. Oh ya my engine isnt shiny like the guy on ebay, mines like all black. Have a nice day mopartodd.

Old 11-19-2004, 05:12 AM
breeke

that is one god awful ugly truck......red with black wheels and raised yellow lettering....jesus.....barf!!!

Old 11-19-2004, 10:11 AM
denman383
Professional

Cricketts chirping S{chirp...........chirp

i don't know what to think.....[sm=sigh.gif]

i know the guy in boaz (town near where i live) bought his petty ram brand freckin' spankin' new and it had bone stock 318, 44,000 miles, single traction rear end.....had petty signature embroidered on the seats, dash, and signature on the tailgate yellow raised letter tires....
but i know it did not have a super duper turbo charger, if it came factory with all those go fast goodies.......well........
i'd dropped a load and bought it that day

Old 11-19-2004, 10:18 AM
denman383
Professional

ORIGINAL: david

Thanks for the response. That is what I was looking for except the part about smoking the hemi. The Richard Petty truck is wanting to race my 04 hemi on the strip@1/8 mile. Maybe I can run with it......Will have fun at it no mater what....

let us know if and when ya'll race.....you should be able to take a short nap before it catches up to a new hemi....my SS/T's rated at 245hp....i wouldn't expect to beat a new hemi

Old 11-19-2004, 11:04 AM
moparturd
Banned

It's possible, most likely, that it was a dealer add on. I'm not going to dispute that he has what he says he has, or how fast it is, but the few I've seen were not SC'd.

Quick Reply: 97 Richard Petty Edition