2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

True Duals with Straight Pipes Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 08:33 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: True Duals with Straight Pipes Video

super 44s would be the win.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:17 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

ORIGINAL: IndyRamMan

super 44s would be the win.
You think it will sound even better? That's probably what I'm going to do when I get the funds. But it sounds so raw and aggressiveright now. I don't want to take all of that away. Maybe just get rid of some of the ear bleeding sounds that it's making. Ha, I bet people can hear it almost a mile away right now.

Old 10-08-2007, 11:35 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

with the true dual, the super 44's will sound a lot "chirpier", but it will be very loud and sound great. With the si/do super 44 system, it will sound a little more basier and consistent and equally loud, and less chirpier. I know this for sure because my bro ran a true dual with the super 44's, and i run a si/do super 44 system at the moment. i think u should keep the true dual though, you did all that work from the manifolds back, you should use it!

Old 10-09-2007, 12:15 AM
4X$ Viper

wow. you RED NECK. Pump your breaks you are out of control.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:42 AM
blkbaretta
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

with the true dual, the super 44's will sound a lot "chirpier", but it will be very loud and sound great. With the si/do super 44 system, it will sound a little more basier and consistent and equally loud, and less chirpier. I know this for sure because my bro ran a true dual with the super 44's, and i run a si/do super 44 system at the moment. i think u should keep the true dual though, you did all that work from the manifolds back, you should use it!
I'm not quite sure I know the "chirpier" sound you are talkin' about. Will it give it a deeper tone? That's what I think I am after; a lot of loudness, but with a really deep tone.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:49 AM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, you definetly don't want to go from true duals back to a SI/DO. That's a step backwards.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:54 AM
blkbaretta
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Cereal Killer

Yeah, you definetly don't want to go from true duals back to a SI/DO. That's a step backwards.
Yeah, I'm not going to. I'm either going to put my x-pipe in when I get it and put some turndowns on it before the rear axle or put a couple of Flowmasters on it. I just don't know for sure yet. Man, is the exhaust one of the most important decisions you make about a truck because it sure seems like it.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:22 AM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ironically not the pat most people change. Most people change their exaust from the cat back. That's pretty much wothless except for the sound. Might buy you a couple horses. Getting headers and runnng true duals or a 3in Y-pipe on the other hand can give you some pretty significant gains. and since you'd have to replace the cats for that, the highflow puts the icing on the cake.

Is exhaust over rated... Yes
Is it also a very important decision... Yes

Old 10-09-2007, 07:28 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

I think you should throw two of those Super 44 mufflers into that true dual. When I say chirpier I don't mean in a bad way, it's still very deep and loud. With true duals, you just have so much air pumping through the system that it makes this extra noise, remember when I showed you that video of my brothers f350 with the super 44 true dual? As he passed it made that kind of chripy chamber noise? Here it is again, it doesnt sound bad at all, it's quite awesome!

Here's the vid (keep in mind that was just a queer camera phone, in real life, it was super loud!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XUX8eeQUsdY

Old 10-09-2007, 08:26 AM
Bouncer88
All Star

I know for a fact that when I do my exhaust I am going to go with magnaflow, only because I know they are a tad quieter and I want to be a bit different from the croud, plus nobody can deny the fact that magnaflow does have a nice distinct sound.

It will be this, Pacetter LT's, 3" Y-Pipe, to magnaflow high flow cat, to single inlet/dual outlet magnaflow muffler, then exit behind both rear tires.

Quick Reply: True Duals with Straight Pipes Video