2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

True Duals with Straight Pipes Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 10:33 AM
blkbaretta
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: True Duals with Straight Pipes Video

ORIGINAL: Cereal Killer

Ironically not the pat most people change. Most people change their exaust from the cat back. That's pretty much wothless except for the sound. Might buy you a couple horses. Getting headers and runnng true duals or a 3in Y-pipe on the other hand can give you some pretty significant gains. and since you'd have to replace the cats for that, the highflow puts the icing on the cake.

Is exhaust over rated... Yes
Is it also a very important decision... Yes
Yeah, I'm not going to spend the money to go back to a si/do system after spending the money to have the true duals put on. I may eventually put some headers on it and try to increase the hp any way possible. I agree that it is over rated, but also is a very important decision, not only for sound but performance as well.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:36 AM
blkbaretta
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

I think you should throw two of those Super 44 mufflers into that true dual. When I say chirpier I don't mean in a bad way, it's still very deep and loud. With true duals, you just have so much air pumping through the system that it makes this extra noise, remember when I showed you that video of my brothers f350 with the super 44 true dual? As he passed it made that kind of chripy chamber noise? Here it is again, it doesnt sound bad at all, it's quite awesome!

Here's the vid (keep in mind that was just a queer camera phone, in real life, it was super loud!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XUX8eeQUsdY
Yeah, I think that sounds great as well. I guess I'm just being skeptical and just wanting to make sure before I spend $160 on a couple of mufflers. I don't think it would sound bad at all with the 44's from what I've heard so far. That's what I'm going to do, I just have to get the funds first. Sadly most everything is always a funding issue before you can have fun.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:38 AM
blkbaretta
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Bouncer88

I know for a fact that when I do my exhaust I am going to go with magnaflow, only because I know they are a tad quieter and I want to be a bit different from the croud, plus nobody can deny the fact that magnaflow does have a nice distinct sound.

It will be this, Pacetter LT's, 3" Y-Pipe, to magnaflow high flow cat, to single inlet/dual outlet magnaflow muffler, then exit behind both rear tires.
Yeah the Magnaflows do have a nice, distinct sound. I've listened to some clips and they sound pretty good. However, I am a Flowmaster man myself so that's what I'm going to go with. I think your setup will sound very nice once you get it done.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:58 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

That's what is cool with these SUPER 44 mufflers, they truly sound differant than the original 40 series flow mufflers. They offer the unique tone like the magnaflow, while getting to be way more louder, and in my opinion, more badass.

But Bouncer, that is exactly what I'd like to do for exhaust set-up as well. Only differance is I run a SUPER 44. Right now I run a magnaflow hi-flo cat, si/do Flowmaster SUPER 44 muffler, and then dual rear exit behind each tire with 22"x4" magnaflow tips. Longtube Headers with the 3" Pacesetter y-pipe are in the very near future to top off my already very beautiful system. I cannot wait to get rid of the skinny ugly stock y-pipe and replace those manifolds with some sweet longtube fricken headers, system will sound even more BADASS, and should really tear some fricken ***!!

Quick Reply: True Duals with Straight Pipes Video