2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1500 Ram pull a 9,500 pd. excavator?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 11:11 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1500 Ram pull a 9,500 pd. excavator?

You see that's where it all happened, people thought that all those details were BECAUSE of the gutted cat. All of those things the truck could do before. I did a bad job of explaining that the gutted cat had nothing to do with those details. The point of that thread was to tell people that I was able to beat my brother though with the gutted cat, and I don't know about you, but that seems like a really big deal to me. You know how good it felt to beat him lol, he's always telling me his truck was faster, and then I whooped him, it rocked ***. So when I got home afterwards, I was still shaking with excitment. Then people either misunderstood what I said, or just interpreted it the way they wanted to, and then I suddenly just started getting jabs left and right, and it's carried onto a couple of my other forums. I just don't get it though, I offer nothing but good positive insight, and I never bash anyone, not once. Again, we are all in the same boat, we all own trucks, that right there means we are all lucky, PERIOD. Especially the people that are bashing me are the ones with the flashy trucks, so it really sounds ignorant. Anways, to consolidate my role I thought was really unkind. My posts are minimal to the amount of time and work I like to provide for everyone here. I'm always nice to everyone, and I never bash them, even if I disagree with it. Theres nothing wrong with a little bit of over enthusiasm. I'm sorry if I rubbed anyone off the wrong way, or if anyone misunderstands me. I am willing to look past this once again, and hopefully you guys won't hold anything against me. I'd be sad to loose this forum, becaue it's a good tool for me. All I ask is that people stop the bashing, and if they are going to bash, give me a little PM, and more than likely it will be nipped so fast because you will realize you probably just misunderstood me. I'm a nice guy, and I hate fighting with people, it's not my kind of thing. SO guys, stop the bashing and tag teaming, that's for little girls. I'll stop the excessive posts of my trucks as well, you most likely probably won't hear about it again because I just dont want to go through this anymore, all I want is the bickering to stop, because this is silly.... Cool??

Old 10-30-2007, 11:16 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

You see that's where it all happened, people thought that all those details were BECAUSE of the gutted cat. All of those things the truck could do before. I did a bad job of explaining that the gutted cat had nothing to do with those details. The point of that thread was to tell people that I was able to beat my brother though with the gutted cat, and I don't know about you, but that seems like a really big deal to me. You know how good it felt to beat him lol, he's always telling me his truck was faster, and then I whooped him, it rocked ***. So when I got home afterwards, I was still shaking with excitment. Then people either misunderstood what I said, or just interpreted it the way they wanted to, and then I suddenly just started getting jabs left and right, and it's carried onto a couple of my other forums. I just don't get it though, I offer nothing but good positive insight, and I never bash anyone, not once. Again, we are all in the same boat, we all own trucks, that right there means we are all lucky, PERIOD. Especially the people that are bashing me are the ones with the flashy trucks, so it really sounds ignorant. Anways, to consolidate my role I thought was really unkind. My posts are minimal to the amount of time and work I like to provide for everyone here. I'm always nice to everyone, and I never bash them, even if I disagree with it. Theres nothing wrong with a little bit of over enthusiasm. I'm sorry if I rubbed anyone off the wrong way, or if anyone misunderstands me. I am willing to look past this once again, and hopefully you guys won't hold anything against me. I'd be sad to loose this forum, becaue it's a good tool for me. All I ask is that people stop the bashing, and if they are going to bash, give me a little PM, and more than likely it will be nipped so fast because you will realize you probably just misunderstood me. I'm a nice guy, and I hate fighting with people, it's not my kind of thing. SO guys, stop the bashing and tag teaming, that's for little girls. I'll stop the excessive posts of my trucks as well, you most likely probably won't hear about it again because I just dont want to go through this anymore, all I want is the bickering to stop, because this is silly.... Cool??
+1

this thread is the lame.[sm=lame.gif]...what was the point again?

Old 10-30-2007, 12:28 PM
1500sport
Professional

Someone please start a new thread so everyone will quit whining.[&o]

Old 10-30-2007, 12:45 PM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

ORIGINAL: 1500sport

I don't know I've kinda been enjoying it. It's kinda like days of our lives with trucks.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:14 PM
reloader77724

well, how about them red sox. LOL

Old 10-31-2007, 09:11 PM
XXL 1500
Captain

lol
i do agree there has been alot of threads about your truck 20dodgeneon00...
but in the end... we shouldnt have to bicker about all this...
lets just let this all go...
and move on.. word

okay your truck...
is going to have one hell of a problem pulling this trailer WITH an escavator...
prepare to break / fry some sh*t
you have 35's with stock gears... your not going to get over 45mph unless your downhill lol
and even then it is going to take you 30 minutes to get up to that speed also with 300 degree tranny fluid when you finally-if you do lock up TC
i really advise strongly against pulling this trailer for over 5-10 minutes
unless you really baby it...
you can honestly tell if it is too much for your truck by how much it is lugging

1/2 ton pulling at least 10,000 with stock gears and diff... bad news period
haha

Old 10-31-2007, 10:37 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: ICEMAN_CH

ORIGINAL: 1500sport

I don't know I've kinda been enjoying it. It's kinda like days of our lives with trucks.

one could say, trucks of our lives?

Old 10-31-2007, 11:16 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

lol i still dont think i talk that much about my truck...but wutev, i am not getting into it. On the original topic of the thread. XXL, I have 4.10 gearing, so its not completely stock. I've already decided not to tow the trailer anymore at this point. I just thought it would have been fun to try it. It's only an 8 mile trip from the rental shop to the place we usuall use it. Theres about 5 miles of highway, and 3 miles of route 1 to travel, so nothing to substantial. The real test would have been seeing how it could ride on the highway at 65mph. Would have been interesting though, but nobody really seemed to take me serious on this thread, anyway..

Old 11-01-2007, 03:22 AM
nateblong
Professional

ALRIGHT already...Stop. F the naysayers. You got a Ram , so hook that damn thing up and go with it. You will get this excavator where it needs to go.. I would bet money on it. Pull it with you ram, then pull it with your brother truck. I mean come on, if you know how to drive and pull stuff you'll ( at the very least) get it were it needs to go. Dont let anyone tell you that your truck wont do it. And the suspension will not break, or the trans.....if you know how to drive... I am actually disappointed with all the guys that are saying that this is'nt possible. I mean CMON, I grew up on farm and we pulled really heavy stuff on a regular basis that was only meant for tractors..........with 1500 Rams. Do it and see how it goes. Hell if your worried have your bro follow you. The weight is kinda high so you might need a good set of helper springs for the rear leafs.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:42 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

ya see, thank you lol! man i would have just died for somebody to have answered me like that, or at least in the manner you did! and i completely agree with you too, if you know how to drive and milk the gas pedal right, i think it could do it too, thanks again.

Quick Reply: 1500 Ram pull a 9,500 pd. excavator?