2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

lift kit with spacers

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 12:56 PM
jfantastik60
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lift kit with spacers

hey guys, i already have a 2.5" superlift kit on my truck but i want to go higher but i have a budget so i was wondering what if i put those 2.5" coil spacers up front keeping the superlift coils and shocks and then took out the superlift leaf spring in the back and bought a 5" to match the front.. you think i would have to switch my shocks?

Old 11-03-2007, 12:58 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Default RE: lift kit with spacers

for a 5 inch lift you would need a lot more than new shocks... thats why the kits are so expensive you gotta get shocks, track bar drop kit, sway bar relocating kit, and a lot more...

Old 11-03-2007, 02:10 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats right , need a track bar drop bracket , pitman arm , swaybar drop bracket , shocks , rear will be add a leaf , or new springs , or another block (not stacking ) . now if you did not do this you can do a body lift 3" be a little cheaper then you would have a 5.5 " lift.

Old 11-04-2007, 12:50 AM
spaz_22
Captain

you also need new control arms as well

Old 11-04-2007, 01:13 AM
nhlbill
Veteran

You will definetely need longer shocks to go from a 2.5" lift to a 5" lift.

That said, max lift on stock control arms is 3", so your going to need new control arms. Most reputable lift companies also relocate the upper control arm in their 5" kits to address proper geometry too, so just longer control arms is not a good solution either.

You will also need a trackbar drop bracket, a new pitman arm, longer bump stops, a couple of brackets to drop suff like the front brake hoses, rear brake hose, e-brake cable, and smog canister, and oh yeah longer shocks.

3" is where everything is inexspensive and easy, 5" is where everything gets much more exspensive and much more complicated to do safely. If you really want 5" of lift you have a couple choices:

1- Add a 3" body lift to 2.5" suspension lift (cheapest route....about $300.00)

2- Buy a 5" suspension lift kit and take your 2.5" kit off and sell it. (plan on a grand difference)

Old 11-04-2007, 12:28 PM
jfantastik60
Rookie

wow thanks alot i completly forgot about the pitman arm and everything.. this was just a real quick thought i had while i was one DF ....haha tht coulda been bad if i just went and did it with out asking

Quick Reply: lift kit with spacers