2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

True Duals with 2 Flowmaster Super 44's Videos

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 08:14 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Duals with 2 Flowmaster Super 44's Videos

Well I finally got the time to do a couple of videos of my truck with the x-pipe and 2 Si/So Flowmaster Super 44's installed. The first one is at night and you can't see the truck much, but it is a lot of revving. I don't know why the camera makes the popping sound, I think it's just the mic on the camera because you can't really hear it in person. The second one would've been a little longer and I was going to do a flyby, but the camera battery died and I didn't have the charger. My girlfriend also decided to be funny at the end of it, so I hope you all enjoy that as well. I did the installation myself with a reciprocating saw, and about 9 or so exhaust clamps. I am eventually going to get it welded, but I wanted to make sure this was the sound that I want, and it is. I think it sounds very good; it has the deep Flowmaster tone, but still has the true dual sound as well, without too much of the "blatty" sound. Tell me what you guys think!!!

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MOV06717.flv

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...t=MOV06719.flv

Old 11-04-2007, 08:26 PM
SilverRam_01
Captain
Default RE: True Duals with 2 Flowmaster Super 44's Videos

Nice truck, Sounds GOOD[sm=wootwoot.gif]

Old 11-04-2007, 08:40 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the sound of them but beings I just bough the exhaust thats on mine last year and I'm working on so many other projects I am sticking with my 40 series

Old 11-04-2007, 09:45 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

ORIGINAL: SilverRam_01

Nice truck, Sounds GOOD[sm=wootwoot.gif]
Thanks a lot man!!

Old 11-04-2007, 09:46 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Sounds better than those Glasspacks you had IMO. So what made you do the switch?

Old 11-04-2007, 09:49 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

ORIGINAL: BlueBeast2

I love the sound of them but beings I just bough the exhaust thats on mine last year and I'm working on so many other projects I am sticking with my 40 series
Yeah, I don't blame you. The 40 series sounds good too, but the 44's are better for me. If mine would have had the 40 series on it, I probably would've just left itand not done all of the work that I've done on mine. Thanks a lot for the compliment.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:01 PM
moparornothing

Sounds mean! I like the sound of the super 44's sound better than my 40 series. But i have a question, how did you run true duals? I was thinking on my truck that i'd just run a pipe of the header and send it out just before the end of the cab so i don't heat the gas tank. But how did you do it? with the X pipe and all?

Old 11-04-2007, 10:08 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

ORIGINAL: pcfixerpro

Sounds better than those Glasspacks you had IMO. So what made you do the switch?
Thanks, that's the reason I changed them out. The glasspacks sounded alright, but just not for this truck.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:11 PM
blkbaretta
Veteran

ORIGINAL: moparornothing

Sounds mean! I like the sound of the super 44's sound better than my 40 series. But i have a question, how did you run true duals? I was thinking on my truck that i'd just run a pipe of the header and send it out just before the end of the cab so i don't heat the gas tank. But how did you do it? with the X pipe and all?
Thanks a lot. It does sound pretty mean. It has straight pipes up until about 15in. before the end of the cab and that's where I put the x-pipe in followed up by the Super 44's and then the pipes run a little bit back and then over the rear axle to the tips. Both pipes run down the passenger side of the truck until just before the rear axle so it isn't really that close to the gas tank. I'm very pleased with my setup now.

Old 11-04-2007, 10:15 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

Yea, shots of the underneath would be sweet. I put in my 44a while back one in / two out and the only thing that could make it better would be the highflow cat.... Maybe over the summer.. Congrats and make sure you let the neighbors know you mean business like in the other glasspack vid's lol. and dont forget to tip the camera crew!

Quick Reply: True Duals with 2 Flowmaster Super 44's Videos