2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Filling the gap

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 07:16 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Filling the gap

I do plan to tuck the exhaust up too, but only after i'm sure that i'm going to keep the lift and tire combo. If I decide I want to go back to just 3" suspension like I used to have, I don't want to have to redo the exhaust again at that time. As for why I did the lift, kinda both, but probably more for looks. I only wheel it a handfull of times each year simply because it is my daily driver, my tow vehicle, my workhorse. I just can't afford to have it broke down or beat up because I wheel it all the time. Maybe someday when I get another truck, i'll convert this one into a weekend wheeler. Another reason I did the BL is for the improved access to the engine compartment. So much more room now that stuff is not crammed under the cowl. I could actually change my cap and rotor now with ease, and I can run a bigger air filter too.

One other reason I don't want to raise my hitch up too much is that I will have to buy a new receiver with even more drop to it so that my camper will sit level. As is, I have an adjustable receiver, and I think I have just enough adjustment left in it to work with my camper.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:22 AM
aspencop129
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahhhhhhhh, makes sense now that I have all the info. Towing with these tall trucks gets interesting.........

Old 11-13-2007, 09:46 AM
ONECRAZYJEEP
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put the lights on it makes the world of difference. escpecially if someone is tailing you on the road you just flip them suckers on and they back off. helps wonders with the boat at night to when loading and unloading to do some snook fishing. the look good where they are silver.

Quick Reply: Filling the gap