2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Filling the gap

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Filling the gap

So, after the body lift, I have a gap between my receiver hitch and the bumper because I moved my bumper all the way back up were it should be. The gap is a little more noticable then others have because of the shape of my hitch. It is made by Valley, and is not a straight across design like the OEM Mopar hitches, it dips down in the middle. So, to help fill the gap some, I am tossing around the idea of installing some backup lights in that gap. Here is a before and after of what it might look like if I did it. I used an old set of fog lights that I had laying around in the garage just to see what it might look like. Let me know what you think, or if you have any other ideas.

BEFORE
[IMG]local://upfiles/9095/734C65CAEF344B918C20864D8A8192C8.jpg[/IMG]

AFTER
[IMG]local://upfiles/9095/2701EDDE740342EB8A441CA622C4F7D7.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Mowhawk
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Filling the gap

Looks pretty sweet to me, nice thinking im guessing they work as back up lights. Hah i could use a few of those, cant see jack in dark

Old 11-12-2007, 01:41 PM
squishy_1010
Rookie

I think it looks great! Plus it provides extra lighting when backing up.[sm=goodidea.gif] You killed 2 birds with one stone so to speak.

Old 11-12-2007, 02:10 PM
ramit2001
Rookie

Those lights might get kinda bright for some other drivers when backing up in town. I would recommend hooking up to a seperate switch so you can use when need be and also for when you are hooking up a trailer, as you would not have the truck in reverse when messing around with the trailer jack and hook-ups. Just an idea. but does lookbetter with them then without. Love the body lift might have to do that with mine too, but wife was not to happy as she can barely get into it now. LOL

Old 11-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

Ya, I definetly will have them on a switch only, not hooked to my regular backup lights. Those will likely not be the lights I plan to use either, just used those for the picture to get an idea of what it would look like.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

One side benefit of doing this is that I can spin them around if I need to have light under the truck (like if something breaks underneath afterdark).

Old 11-12-2007, 04:44 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

This is just me, but I don't like that look. I think it looks just fine the way it did. I hate too much clutter and lights sitting in weird places[8D]. I think you've done a nice job with this truck. Everything is very clean and simple, but I think something like that would kind of break that whole theme. It's just my opinion, I just like that whole simple clean and mean look, something your truck definately has at the moment. Do what you want to do, but I just don't care for the look of the lights squished between the hitch and the bumper, nor do I care for lights in the back of a truck period either lol. Hope I don't come off mean or anything, I wouldn't tell you this if I didn't think your truck looked sexy

Old 11-12-2007, 05:01 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: Silver_Dodge

One side benefit of doing this is that I can spin them around if I need to have light under the truck (like if something breaks underneath afterdark).
OR, some sweet ground FX

Old 11-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: aim4squirrels

OR, some sweet ground FX
Hell no. No rice gets near my truck unless i'm at the chinese buffet.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:23 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: aim4squirrels

OR, some sweet ground FX
Hell no. No rice gets near my truck unless i'm at the chinese buffet.
LMAO !!! .. either space em just a tad father apart or do what ill be doing , AP bumper...your worse then a ole lady..

Quick Reply: Filling the gap