2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I NEED HELP!! ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS HAPPEN?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 12:09 AM
petekf4qoe
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I NEED HELP!! ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS HAPPEN?

Also I forgot to mention that the biggest problem is that I cannot pullout the darn seatbelts. They will not release. So I know it is something electrical. Thanks for the help & keep them coming.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:11 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check under your drivers seat there is a plug there that will cause the seatbelts to lock other than that there is a fuse marked IDO in the junction box in the cab, it is under a black portector (some pepole that dont even know its a fuse, check that too) there is an electrical lock in the seats, mine is messed up somehow and causes the bat to go dead with ina cupple days so i had to put a realy in there to shut it off when the key is off so the seatbelt wont comeout with out the key being on

also just read your post, IDO also explans your raido and malights too

Old 11-29-2007, 09:07 PM
WayneC
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: ryans590

check under your drivers seat there is a plug there that will cause the seatbelts to lock other than that there is a fuse marked IDO in the junction box in the cab, it is under a black portector (some pepole that dont even know its a fuse, check that too) there is an electrical lock in the seats, mine is messed up somehow and causes the bat to go dead with ina cupple days so i had to put a realy in there to shut it off when the key is off so the seatbelt wont comeout with out the key being on

WHAT??!!

Old 11-29-2007, 11:03 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: WayneC

ORIGINAL: ryans590

WHAT??!!
WHAT??!!... do you have a question?

Old 12-04-2007, 01:42 AM
petekf4qoe
Rookie

Ok, Here is an update on my problem. I have checked every fuse in the truck. I had to replace 2 fuse under the hood because I went camping this weekend and my camper has a short in the wiring apperantly andit kept blowing the fuses for the turn signals and brakelights.

Also I found out that the problem also affects my power mirrors. So now my power windows, power door locks and overhead main domelight, power mirrors, seatbelts and radio sound does not work (the radio will turn on but no sound). The maplights work but not the main interior light.

I checked the plug under the drivers seat and it looks good and is plugged in well.

I have checked the IDO fuse several times. I even check it for continuity and it is good.

I found what I think is the ido box under the center console and was wondering what is it?

The battery is only 2 months old, I upgraded to an Optima battery because the one I had got a bad cell in it. SO the battery is not the problem. The terminals are all clean and tight.

HELP!!!!

THIS REALLY SUCKS!!!!!

Old 12-04-2007, 02:44 PM
goldwing92

Ck the ignition switch. It's possible that it's affecting the windows. However the fact that the dome light doesn't work along with the door locks sounds like a fuse or a the circuit before or after the fuse is not supplying power. You may have to start a careful inspection of the wiring to see if it's rubbed through in places.

Old 12-04-2007, 03:11 PM
2500 mopar
Veteran

do you have remote start? if you do there may be about 6 fuses under your dash on the drivers side, thats the way my remote start systemis anyway, one of those could be causing the problems check them all, they kind of just hang there not labled, check them all if possible...Goodluck

Old 12-04-2007, 03:36 PM
v10power
Professional

it's sort of a long shot but have you checked grounds? I have seen very silly things happen when grounds became unfunctional for whatever reason.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:20 AM
Turbo2.2Coupe

I had similiar issues with a 98 2500 . Put new relays in for the affected circuits and all has worked fine since. I also had the rear light/tow harness catch on fire and fried the trailer brake controller, turned-out to be a bad ground on the rear harness-to-body.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:15 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker

i stillthink its gotta be something with the IDO circut, here is a list of everything affected by that circut -radio, under hood light, map light, dome lamp, cargo light, cargo light, glove box light, power mirrors, diagnostic connector, ignition halo (light around where the key goes in), visorand the SCTM ( I don't remember what that stands for tho)

Quick Reply: I NEED HELP!! ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS HAPPEN?