2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I NEED HELP!! ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS HAPPEN?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 04:18 AM
petekf4qoe
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I NEED HELP!! ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS HAPPEN?

Ok I will agree it is probably something to do with the IDO circut, but it does not affect everything you listed. My underhood light works fine, and if your talking about the scan tool port under the drivers side of the dash that works fine too because I went to Advanced Auto Parts and had them check it for codes to do with this problem. They found nothing but the Sped sensor in the transmission that has been there for over a year.

Again I will ask, "what is the IDO?" What does it do?

Thanks to all who offer ideas.

Old 12-05-2007, 10:59 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maby its not that , just everything you keep listing sounds the same as when i was having problems with mine

[IMG]local://upfiles/27664/6C7EE84627084149A49373E3C48E6BF3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-05-2007, 11:15 AM
1BigRamaniac
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My front headlights go off when I put the tilt steering down. At night I have to putit up. I know what to do to fix it, I just put up with it. I had a trick window in a dakota. When the switch was replaced, problem solved.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:28 PM
topsites
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude...
That sux

Check your relays, clean up the battery (posts AND connectors) and get the alternator tested.
Advance Auto should be able to hook it up when it's running, just check it for proper voltage and charge.

While you're there buy a $2-$3 battery post cleaner, then remove and clean the posts and the connectors.
Clean all that nice and good, then re-connect.

As for the relays, buy a new one or two (they're not cheap but do it anyhow, $20 each or so).
There's a map under the cover, that black plastic piece covers the relay box, that map lists what relay does what.
It's the same place as the fuses, under the hood, that black plastic box near the battery, driver's side.
The map or diagram up inside the cover of that fuse and relay box lists what does what.
Go by that map, and replace any that you suspect could be faulty, just do one at first, see if it helps.

Quick Reply: I NEED HELP!! ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS HAPPEN?