2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

first mod..

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 02:34 PM
mikerados21
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: first mod..

heres where i started

Round K&N Setup - $115.00
Fastman TB - $225.00
Pacetter headers - $150.00
and some exhaust. youll see noticable gains
very good start IMO

Old 11-22-2007, 02:39 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

[sm=welcomesign.gif] to the forum!! when i had my 96 1500 with a 5.2 i did exhaust first i would recomend throwing on a magnaflow! and then the round filter setup! mabye a fastman... also since you just got the truck maybe a tune up!

Old 11-22-2007, 02:49 PM
nmason
Veteran

best mods ive done are a new flowmaster dual stainless exhaust, drop in filter, and cal-vu sport mirrors.

Old 11-22-2007, 05:47 PM
LPIdaho
Amateur

I must agree with dhvaughanbut only is you have some $ buning a hole in your suposed pocket.

Dont know about your milage but, in my experience everything will suddenly break between 155K and 158,000 miles so you should just save up for that!

And most wont agree but, IN my experience a K&N type tube intake helps throttle responce and acceleration lag. Again in my experience, but out of most trucks this model has one of the best available spaces to draw air from, as in the front passenger side.

but yeah, just save your money and resist the urge to drive fast, these trucks dont stop fast enough.
I'd know.

Old 11-22-2007, 07:00 PM
JTxxx14

thanks for all the ideas guys ill keep a lot of them in mind.. and yes i am thankful for my parents.. i appriciate all the complements about them.. and thanks for the complements on the truck too.

Old 11-22-2007, 07:45 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

As for spicing up the look of your truck and the performance of it, there are some relatively cheap and easy ways to get it to stick out of the crowd. First thing you can do is buy some aftermarket tail lights for your truck (tail lights and 3rd brake light). Then you can get some nice new crystal headlights as well with clear corners (get rid of the ugly orange side marker). Tint always looks great too, especiall if its limo in the rear. A nice shorty antenna looks great as well to get rid of the goofy tall atenna. And then maybe some tint plates for the license plates which looks cool. Those are some nice cute exterior mods you can do to spice the vehicle up and make it stick out.

For performance, it's pretty straight forward. For the average driver, a cold air intake kit and a catback exhaust system is what they will usually do. This usually can get you gains of 15 h/p depending on what set-ups you get. If you like to go a little more deep than the average person, look into buying some nice ceramic coated longtube headers and a hi-flow catalyic converter. If you do that, then you will have a completely new and flowing exhaust system, not to mention she'll sound really badass. Grab a 52mm fastman throttle body and a performance chip, and then you will suddenly be rocking some serious h/p. Like I said, if you don't want to go too crazy, catback exhaust system and a cold air intake kit is usually the threshhold of the average person. If you want to take it to the next level like myself, then go for the goodies (cold air intake kit, 52mm throttle body, longtube headers, hi-flow catalytic converter, performance muffler, performance chip). You can even take it past that, but usually thats where most ppl stop. A camshaft would probably be the next step up after that. Sorry if I blab too much, but it's jsut fun stuff. There is nothing better than a modding a vehicle out, just makes it even more enjoyable to drive. Who wouldnt want to make their truck stick out or make it more powerful? Goodluck to ya and glad ya joined the dodge club. Don't forget, maintenance ALWAYS go first before goody modifications!

Quick Reply: first mod..