2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dunlop GRANDTREK SJ6

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007 | 11:16 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned
Default Dunlop GRANDTREK SJ6

Any of you guys heard of this tire?? One of my buddies sent me a link on it, and it seems perfect. It says it kicks *** on ice and in snow, yet still rides smooth. I was kind of having a hard time figuring out if they offered it in a 35/12.5/17 size though. Any of you guys help me figure out if this tire comes in that size? It defiantly looks like a sharp looking tire that will do good for me in the winters, yet still act as an all season tire. If I can't get this tire in the 35" size, I'll just end this tire debate and leave it to the Prcomp All_Terrains. Sorry if I ask too many questions about this tire ordeal, but I want to make sure I get the right tire. I'm dropping over a grand on these damn tires, so I got to make sure they are going to fulfill my needs, thanks as always guys.

Old 11-23-2007 | 11:51 PM
9612v
Default RE: Dunlop GRANDTREK SJ6

as a snow tire yes, all season far from good, i wouldn't run them in the summer they will wear very fast. i would look into a bfg a/t for a good all season tire that has a 50000 tread life warranty. and still give you good traction in the snow.

Old 11-24-2007 | 12:03 AM
kowboydmac
All Star

you know man, i think we've been asking the most questions on this site for the past couple of weeks. lol. but keep asking as I get help from the answers provided as well.

Old 11-24-2007 | 12:18 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

haha gotta love the being the question masters!

9612v, I think I like the Procomp Allterrain better than the bfg. Provides the 50,000 mile warranty and is "severe weather rated", so thats a plus. But I'm sitll thinking what I want to do. They are all in the same price range, so its coming down to applications and preferances at this point..

Old 11-24-2007 | 12:20 AM
kowboydmac
All Star

a big diff. between the two of us looking for tires is ....

we have nooooo snow in Florida. lol.

Old 11-24-2007 | 12:27 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned

haha aww man itd be so easy to pick a tire! But I have to compensate for EVERYTHING. I need a tire that can last all year long, ride smooth, and be ready for any kind of snow storm, black ice, rain, mud, all of that crap! But there are some nice options I believe, I can't wait to drop the mud tires and move onto something more civil. I feel bad making my truck drag these mud tires around everywhere. It doesnt help that there 35", but having that mud tread just really sucks down the gas mileage with all that humping and thumping, there just like big blocks lol.

Old 11-24-2007 | 12:44 AM
kowboydmac
All Star

well i love a nice set of mud tires, but unless i go muddin then all terrain works for me. i got a brand new set of these stampede tires that are alright, i just needed a set asap and i worked the place down to a flat 400 with installation and an oil change. lol.

Old 11-24-2007 | 02:07 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker

315/75/r16 is about the same asa 35 if thats listed...you thing oyu got it bad trying to compinsate for all types of weather, try living up here for a year lol

of if its this one http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=Grandtrek+SJ6its a winter tire, if you run it all summmer youll be buying new tyers again next winter this also will suck in any mud but will far outpreform the procomps in snow/ice

Quick Reply: Dunlop GRANDTREK SJ6