2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Suspension Lift Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 11:07 PM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Suspension Lift Questions

skyjacker kit # 501 is a 5" lift and comes with everything to do it , expect for the shocks... for 35s you should have at least 5" off lift.

Old 12-04-2007, 11:22 PM
nhlbill
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Superlift kit comes with Radius arm type control arms that absolutley suck forflex and off road. Do some searching about it at www.pavementsucks.comAlso I would not buy a kit that has you stack blocks.

The Skyjacker kit is by far the most popular and one of the most well built kits. Their coil springs are prestressed and will not sag, and their control arms are offered in several versions depending on how much flex you want, and their basic 5" kit comes with a 4" add-a-leaf instead of a "block on top of a block" like other kits. The 4" add-a-leaf rides very nice and offers some help with axle wrap as well since it is a long add-a-leaf.

Even though the SJ kit is by far a better kit than the Superlift, it's not the best 5" kit in my opinion.

The Fabtech 5.5" kit is the best riding best engineered kit in my opinion. You will have to opt for the full leaf springs, or buy SJ add-a-leaf which can be bought seperately. But then you will have a modified long arm kit that wrks better off road and way better on road than either of the other choices.

BTW, Sj's 5" kit does not come with shocks, so you can get any shocks you want. Topguncustoms sells a package of 4-Bilsteins for a 5" lift which would be a very nice addition to that kit.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:55 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: padodgeram

skyjacker kit # 501 is a 5" lift and comes with everything to do it , expect for the shocks... for 35s you should have at least 5" off lift.
to get in 35's you only need 3 in of lift....i know cuz thats what i have lol 3 in procomp lift, 35 in procomp a/t's

Old 12-05-2007, 12:56 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker

thats with no rubbing ?

Old 12-05-2007, 12:59 AM
ryans590
Record Breaker

no rubbning becayse of suspention flex, the front rubs on the control arms at full turn but that is onlu becaus ei am still using my stock rims (i am poor right now lol) with a set of offset rims there would be no rubbing...and i kave flexed it as much as possable (to the point were i cant open the door lol) and no rubbing

Old 12-05-2007, 01:21 PM
EricCartman
Veteran

ORIGINAL: nhlbill
The Fabtech 5.5" kit is the best riding best engineered kit in my opinion. You will have to opt for the full leaf springs, or buy SJ add-a-leaf which can be bought seperately. But then you will have a modified long arm kit that wrks better off road and way better on road than either of the other choices.
Does Fabtech make a kit that comes with full replacement rear springs? The only 5.5" model I found was K3002 which appears to come with a block and AAL.

ORIGINAL: nhlbill
BTW, Sj's 5" kit does not come with shocks, so you can get any shocks you want. Topguncustoms sells a package of 4-Bilsteins for a 5" lift which would be a very nice addition to that kit.
I thought I saw somewhere in their installation instructions/product info that the warranty was void if you do not use skyjacker shocks because they are designed to limit the travel...

Thanks,
Cartman

Quick Reply: Suspension Lift Questions