2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dual Exhaust, what you pay?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 11:16 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dual Exhaust, what you pay?

I paid about $650, and I supplied the mufflers....I guess thats what I get for making an optomised design...

Old 12-10-2007, 12:15 AM
mikerados21
Veteran

Wow $400 for exhaust?!?!?! i found my 10 series for 50 bucks a piece on ebay and got them both put on with dumps for $90.00 so i pay $190 for a dual setup...

Old 12-10-2007, 01:09 AM
nhlbill
Veteran

ORIGINAL: jusjay727

ive got 40 series s/i d/o but to me it not enuf so i called up a local muffler shop and they told me for new super 44 2.5 off headers to rear and 3 out with new tips 500+ i called a friend he told hed do it all for 300 or less depending on the bends.....? thats a good deal......j
You must like yours real loud then...lol

I originally started with a 40. Put it in the same time I did a new stainless y-pipe and high flow cat. I first just put some tips on the muffler and let it dump right behind the cab.........holy crap was that loud!!! I don't think open headers would have been any louder...really....

So then I paid Midas to run some custom tailpipes out to the back for me and that helped but it's still loud as hell.

So now "Silver" gave me his 50 Delta and I am going to stick that on there as soon as it warms up around here and hopefully I will have what I wanted originally which was a nice low rumble at start up and then be "turbo muffler" volume after that.....we'll see.....

BTW, thanks Reid!!!!..................anybody want a Flowmaster Super 40 single in-dual out all 2.5"???

Old 12-10-2007, 10:16 AM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

Do I need two si/so mufflers since I have the california emisions truck or do they make a di/do?

Old 12-10-2007, 01:14 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

ORIGINAL: ICEMAN_CH

Do I need two si/so mufflers since I have the california emisions truck or do they make a di/do?
Howcome you think you need two different mufflers? Are ya running a true dual right now? But yes, they do offer some di/do mufflers, I'm not sure how they sound, probably pretty cool.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:14 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

P/S: ya guys ****ing like that quote referance right there??

Old 12-10-2007, 01:18 PM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

ORIGINAL: ICEMAN_CH

Howcome you think you need two different mufflers? Are ya running a true dual right now? But yes, they do offer some di/do mufflers, I'm not sure how they sound, probably pretty cool.
Because my truck has the CA emisions system on I get the privlege to have 4 O2 sensors and two cats that feed into a DI/SO muffler and then into another muffler or can looking thing. Lucky me huh. When I got my build sheet I found out that I also have a low emisions vehicle.

Oh and nice job using your new found knowledge.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:13 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I liked my 50 series. It was pretty loud outside the truck but you could barely hear it inside. It was a little rumble on the inside. Really pretty loud outside the truck though. When I had it redone I put a 40 series on there as I thought it was the same and it's a lot louder inside the truck. I figured my old one must have been a 50 series. This one isn't too bad but I liked how the 50 sounded inside the truck better.

Old 12-10-2007, 02:31 PM
DodgeFan01
Professional

After keeping up with everyones comments im definately doing the dualies, there getting installed tomorrow morning.

20DodgeNeon00The video's you posted did sound a little dissappointing, but it was over the internet and not next to me. I think the 40 would be way too loud for my taste. i'll take my chances with the 50, thanks though

And yes the 400$ includes muffler, installation, exhaust tips, etc. Would love to buy the pieces seperately and install it myself, but I cant weld.

Quick Reply: Dual Exhaust, what you pay?