2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I just Installed the Dual Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 09:57 AM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just Installed the Dual Exhaust System

I just installed my dual exhaust. It's alright. I went with a Delta 44 and now I wish I'd gotte the original 44. Don't get me wrong it sounds a ton better and it is loader it's just not as load as I want it. I think I'll eventually put a straight pipe in but we'll see. I bought the whole kit off of ebay and it worked out pretty well. My only gripes is that the left pipe (the one with a ton of bends to get to the other side of the truck) touches the coil on my shock. I have the load leveler shocks so theres a coil on it. Also the pipes don't quite level up where the exit. There is more room between the drivers side and the hitch then there is between the passanger pipe and the hitch. I'll take a picture and see if you guys notice it all that much.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:08 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I just Installed the Dual Exhaust System

delta 44 ?? flowmaster must be making new mufflers again.. i rember them having a super 44 , then the 40 series delta , super , orginal ... sound clip would be nice , must of bought it off of ebay some others had the same issue ..still using the stock cat ? loud not load ... what sound are you trying to get ?

Old 01-06-2008, 12:08 PM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

Oh sorry it's the delta 40. I did buy it off of e-bay and it it suprisingly a decent setup. I think that if I take a little bit of bend out of the drivers side pipe it might all fit in better. I'm trying to get a loud (got it right that time) low sound.I havn't gutted the cat because I've got everything from the muffler forward sitting in the garage. I'm not going to install anything from the muffler forward until after I move. I won't being moving till the first week of February. Hopefully when I install the headers y pipe and get rid of the cat it'll be louder.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:13 PM
IndyRamMan
Champion

oh yea. dont worry about the sound. the headers and catless Y will more than likely give you the sound you desire

Old 01-07-2008, 01:27 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Just the gutted cat alone will do wonders. I was really happy with the results of the cat being gutted, she stinks a little bit, but who gives?!

Old 01-07-2008, 03:37 AM
Mudbone25
Professional

I see alot of guys on here with gutted cats. How are you getting away with it for inspections and such. Isnt it illegal?

Old 01-07-2008, 06:17 AM
tothewall
Rookie

The gutted cat mod is invisible.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:37 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Invisible, perfectly said.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:42 AM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If you're gonna gut your cat at least run a straight piece of pipe through the hollowed out catalytic coverter. It'll still be just as invisible.

You'll here people on here saying they think they lost some low end, but that's because all the sudden they're going from 2.5 inch pipe to like a 5 inch pipe for about a foot (the hollowed out converter) then going back to a 2.5 inch pipe. Also creates this really annoying droning hollow noise.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:20 PM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

ORIGINAL: Cereal Killer

If you're gonna gut your cat at least run a straight piece of pipe through the hollowed out catalytic coverter. It'll still be just as invisible.

You'll here people on here saying they think they lost some low end, but that's because all the sudden they're going from 2.5 inch pipe to like a 5 inch pipe for about a foot (the hollowed out converter) then going back to a 2.5 inch pipe. Also creates this really annoying droning hollow noise.
Yea, that's one of the reasons I havn't done from the muffler forwardyet. I won't have a good mig welder until I get down to South Carolina.

Quick Reply: I just Installed the Dual Exhaust System